The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Bulbasaur
Well, it's in the top 5... obviously it's subjective as to what you think is 'amazing'... but given that the people I know who have offers from Queen Mary need on average about 320 points (not even specific grades) and those from durham are A*AA, I can't see how people can put them anywhere near each other, to be blunt.

But the difference between an AAB student and A*AA is not as great as you seem to think and really doesn't translate all that well to unverity. The eventual standard of graduate is not going to be far off.

Besides they are only typical offers and I would wager that Queen Mary receives its fair share of AAA students.

What about research? Teaching quality? Facilities? Student support?

I mean, it is a bit like saying Durham's IR programme cannot compare with Aberwystwth's IR programme as Aber ak for 280 ucas points and Durham ask for AAA. Aber having a far superior research profile as well as quality of teaching.
Original post by Hungry Ghost
I don't really see that this is any of your business, but if you must know, my place at QMUL was arranged via the Open University's 'Openplus' scheme, not through UCAS. Now could you possibly address the question posed in my OP?

Why on earth am I getting negged for this? :confused:

your getting negged because saying "dont really see how this is any of your business" is not a very polite way to reply to someone.

But good luck and Chemistry is a very good course to take, so I would say it's worth it.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S6500

Latest