The Student Room Group

When should I start revising for May exams?

My first exam is on the 14 May (it's history AS).

When should I start revising?

I don't even know how to? my notes are a mess!
Reply 1
may 1st?

well that's what I did and got 100%
Reply 2
Original post by FloydRix
may 1st?

well that's what I did and got 100%

I'm not a genuis, so I'd need a couple of months...!
Depends on your ability to retain information
Also on how hard you find the subjects
Either way don't leave it until last minute
A lot of people use the Easter holidays as an opportunity to at least start?
Reply 4
Original post by ValerieStarr
Depends on your ability to retain information
Also on how hard you find the subjects
Either way don't leave it until last minute
A lot of people use the Easter holidays as an opportunity to at least start?

I find history the hardest (9/10)
Then English language - but I am only taking it at AS, so I am only aiming for a C/B (8/10)
Then English literature (7/10)
Then Politics - but it needs a LOT of revising (6/10)

:P

When do you think?

Brackets denote how hard i find the subject...
The best advice I can give is to learn everything as you go along and most importantly understand everything.
I definitely regret revising for A levels at the very last minute! It's too much!
Reply 6
In my opinion, organise your notes around 2 months before your exam, so in March. Make sure you have everything like past papers etc. Then start reading over your notes but only for like 20/30 mins a day. You don't want to do intense revision otherwise you'll burn yourself out. Around 4 weeks before your exam, start your revision. Make sure you understand your content. 2 weeks before the exam just do past papers.

But, it all depends on how you revise. Some can revise over a short period before the exam, while others may need more time.
Original post by htotheizzo
In my opinion, organise your notes around 2 months before your exam, so in March. Make sure you have everything like past papers etc. Then start reading over your notes but only for like 20/30 mins a day. You don't want to do intense revision otherwise you'll burn yourself out. Around 4 weeks before your exam, start your revision. Make sure you understand your content. 2 weeks before the exam just do past papers.

But, it all depends on how you revise. Some can revise over a short period before the exam, while others may need more time.

^^^ what they said. Focus on Past papers near to your exam date
Reply 8
Original post by Phil Dunphy
I'm not a genuis, so I'd need a couple of months...!

You just answered your own question.
Reply 9
Original post by Air1337
You just answered your own question.

doh! but people have told me they started revising october ;P
I would start in March time
I used to start at the end of February for May exams. A little bit in February, up it a notch in March, and go all out in April.

Quick Reply

Latest