The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

foundation courses, has anyone heard back yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Rejected from Keele great said they were over subscribed! Im sure they were up for clearing last year
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 21
Original post by RKAUR
Rejected from Keele great said they were over subscribed! Im sure they were up for clearing last year

Sorry to hear that, what was the course you were going for?
Reply 22
Biomed with science foundation :frown: so annoyed!! i had a lot more ucas points than they wanted !
Reply 23
How many did you have? Im going for the social science and havnt heard back yet. Its the one I want so badly.
Reply 24
Received a Conditional Offer for the Foundation year W/ Chem from Keele today at 12, I guess they're sending out offers now.
Reply 25
I have BBB ! But I dont have science a level qualifications do you? im so upset really wanted to go there aswell!
Reply 26
Original post by Sacoex
Received a Conditional Offer for the Foundation year W/ Chem from Keele today at 12, I guess they're sending out offers now.

How many UCAS points do you have? and did you get an interview
Reply 27
Original post by RKAUR
How many UCAS points do you have? and did you get an interview

My offer is for 160 points, however with my predicted grades I'm looking at 280-320. No interviews were requested / mentioned. So unless they're springing onto me- I don't think there is one, least not in my case.
Reply 28
So thats BBB aswell so not fair! have you done A level science previously?
Reply 29
Original post by RKAUR
So thats BBB aswell so not fair! have you done A level science previously?

I hadn't, no. I guess perhaps I redeemed myself in my personal statement enough for them though.
Is Biomed a popular course choice? I'd imagine that would be the case really.
Reply 30
Ohhhhhhh Im so nervous, Im only doing 2 A2 levels and 2 AS and Im predicted to get about 240 UCAS points or so.
I hope I get an offer so badly, I really want to go to Keele.
Reply 31
I'm sure you will be fine! I have emailed them still really gutted! Where else have you guys applied? and got offers from
Reply 32
Original post by RKAUR
I'm sure you will be fine! I have emailed them still really gutted! Where else have you guys applied? and got offers from

Ive applied to Keele, Bradford, London met and DMU.
I have 4/5 offers and only waiting for Keele.
Bradford want 260 for international relations and security
LM want 240- for Inter. relations, and inter. relations and Law.
DMU want 210 for inter. R and Journalism
Reply 33
Ohhh I see! I applied to uni of notts, uni of liverpool, southampton and keele twice which i regret haha
Reply 34
I received my offer last month and set it as my firm. Hopefully I'll get onto the course. It's English and History and I need BBB.
Reply 35
Well I think it is kinda fair not letting someone doing 3 A2s not have a foundation year place, seeing as it is a more points than grade based course, You could with 3 Ds have more points than I would have at 2 Cs, and a D is pretty easy to get where as a C is a bit harder, the foundation year is more a course for those with less Qualifications than usual applicants with the 3 A2s. Im slightly worried they might think that too for my 2 A2s and one AS from this year.
Reply 36
Still though, Best of Luck for Getting Keele!
Reply 37
I got mine today!! My offer is 160. Good luck.
Reply 38
Original post by Ed.S
I got mine today!! My offer is 160. Good luck.

Well done, what are you doing currently and what are you going for?
Reply 39
currently doing a levels and doing social science foundation at keele next year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest