The Student Room Group

Malta University Medicine 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Bellabanana
Did anyone add a personal statement? I've been delaying the moment when I'll send them my documents because I wanted to add one even though it is not requested... I have a bit of an uncommon academic background so I thought it might help. And now it's my last day to send the documents (I've applied on January 21st) and I'm still hesitating... Any advie?

I dont think you should, give them what they requested. You can talk about yourself in the CV requested.
Original post by Dr H
I dont think you should, give them what they requested. You can talk about yourself in the CV requested.

What do you mean? I've send them the CV I usually send when applying for a job... You think I should change it to talk about myself in it?
Original post by Dr H

And for an undergraduate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
You shouldn't send things they don't require so don't send a personal statement. If you do they're probably not going to read it.
Reply 64
They tell you the documents they need on the email they send you after you pay the fee! And personal statement isn't one of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
What do you mean? I've send them the CV I usually send when applying for a job... You think I should change it to talk about myself in it?

Dont worry hun. What this uni seems to be mostly concerned with are subjects and grades. In interview they will disuss the previous experience you have listed relative to medicine and then you will have the opportunity to sell yourself to them
It's a bit strange! I wonder how they decide between people with same grades and subjects! Seems like a case of ''eenie meanie miny mo''

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alphashadows
It's a bit strange! I wonder how they decide between people with same grades and subjects! Seems like a case of ''eenie meanie miny mo''

From what I understood they just take everyone who meets the requirements...

Thanks everyone for your answers! So I did as Dr H. said and "completed" my CV (it looks a bit weird though) and send the email. Now all I can do is wait. Good luck everyone!
Reply 68
Hi everyone.. How many europeans are applying for this coming year??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by maryanne87
Hi everyone.. How many europeans are applying for this coming year??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think anyone on here will be able to tell you how many are applying this year! We wouldn't know I'm afraid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
I know that :smile: just wondering of those writing here and applying for this year how many were european and not maltese

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
The majority of the people writing on this forum tend to be British but still you might get some Maltese or other European nationals! But as far as I'm aware, everyone who's been posting on this thread are from the UK!

Are you a Maltese student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Reply 73
Has anyone heard from UoM today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Costa_89
Has anyone heard from UoM today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, they sent me an email to say that they had received my documents alright! :smile:
Reply 75
Yep, they sent me an email to say that they had received my documents alright! :smile:

Yeah got the same email today :biggrin:
Reply 76
Original post by aluter
Yeah got the same email today :biggrin:

Me too!
Reply 77
Yeah I got that a few days ago when I submitted my documents!

What's everyone's back up plan incase they don't get in Malta?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm Irish! TSR is great for finding out info..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Costa_89
Yeah I got that a few days ago when I submitted my documents!

What's everyone's back up plan incase they don't get in Malta?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do not have a back up plan since Malta was my plan B. To be honest, I am not sure what I will to do when all fails. yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending