The Student Room Group

Malta University Medicine 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Well I looked at some polish medical schools that do a 4 postgraduate entry in English. Poznan said they want physics and ukcat or mcat and I been trying to ring Warsaw for weeks now but no answer and no email back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
I have a friend studying there in Poznan.. He said its quite a good one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
What score in ukcat does Poznan require? I have not looked into other unis cos of the fees :frown:
Reply 83
Well there are soo many universities in Europe that do medicine in english, some of them can be very cheap! But we need to do our research properly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Hi All,

Sorry to pick up on a question which has surfaced a few times on the thread but not as yet satisfactorily answered.

AS language requirement to meet matriculation general requirements for ALL undergraduate courses - including Medicine.

This might be different for post grad applications but has anyone confirmed the undergrad process/
Ta
Reply 85
Original post by Ptl02911
Hi All,Sorry to pick up on a question which has surfaced a few times on the thread but not as yet satisfactorily answered.AS language requirement to meet matriculation general requirements for ALL undergraduate courses - including Medicine.This might be different for post grad applications but has anyone confirmed the undergrad process/Ta
Do u mean the english language requirement? It does not apply to post grad but it applies to undergraduate applicants.
Reply 86
Original post by Ptl02911
Hi All,

Sorry to pick up on a question which has surfaced a few times on the thread but not as yet satisfactorily answered.

AS language requirement to meet matriculation general requirements for ALL undergraduate courses - including Medicine.

This might be different for post grad applications but has anyone confirmed the undergrad process/
Ta

Until today Im not sure if its a post grad requirement or not because the admission office never gave me a clear answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by Costa_89
Until today Im not sure if its a post grad requirement or not because the admission office never gave me a clear answer

If you already have a degree, or will have by the time you start the course in October, you do NOT need to fulfill the language requirement to be eligible to apply.

Good luck with your application!
Reply 88
[QUOTE="lallybabs;41322784"]

If you already have a degree, or will have by the time you start the course in October, you do NOT need to fulfill the language requirement to be eligible to apply.

Good luck with your application!

Thanks for clearing that up, just have one last question... What are the actual requirements for post grad students?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Hey guys,

How long do you think it will take to get a decision.
Reply 90
Original post by Dr H
Hey guys,

How long do you think it will take to get a decision.

Last time I asked the admission office she said she couldn't give me a clear answer because it could take up to April/may but hopefully we'll hear before then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Last time I asked the admission office she said she couldn't give me a clear answer because it could take up to April/may but hopefully we'll hear before then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouch. I can't wait till May because I need to know whether I have to sit the entrance exam.
Reply 92
According to the email I recieved on enquiring, a decision will be made after the application window closes in March, biology and chemistry exam will be on 23rd May and interview on 26th June. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Thanks guys.
Regarding UoM applications, is every applicant interviewed?
Reply 95
Original post by Dr Lalalove

Nope only a few get interviewed after sitting the entrance exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hm, alright! And if an applicant isn't required to sit the entrance examination , no interview right?
Reply 97
Original post by Dr Lalalove

You may also be invited for an interview only (i.e. you are not required to take either of the exams).
Ok! Thanks guys! :smile: I read somewhere on this forum that their max intake for med students is 500! Very large number Oo . Hope we all get accepted ! UCAS applications isnt looking too promising but the prospects of Malta warms my heart :smile:)
Reply 99
[QUOTE="Costa_89;41322817"]
Original post by lallybabs

Thanks for clearing that up, just have one last question... What are the actual requirements for post grad students?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Postgraduate requirements include, obviously the degree (there does not seem to be any specification on the type or subject area, but I'm sure something medically related would only help) and previous educational qualifications. You need to make sure your previous educational qualifications are included in the application form. Omission of this information would only delay the process as they will simply contact you to add them to you file. As with the general application, there is no personal statement, letters of recommendation, essays etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending