The Student Room Group

Short guy and women (long term + immediate_

I'm like 5' tall, and pretty much done growing as I've not grown at all in a few years now. And I feel like it affects my ability around girls because I've been told flat out I'm too short at times, which like obviously dents my self confidence massively as I'm not an overly confident guy to begin with.

Women do you require a guy to be a certain height to be attractive to you even if he has other good qualities such as a muscular body, or a good personality? Also if you have a height requirement, how tall are you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jd1997
I'm like 5' tall, and pretty much done growing as I've not grown at all in a few years now. And I feel like it affects my ability around girls because I've been told flat out I'm too short at times, which like obviously dents my self confidence massively as I'm not an overly confident guy to begin with.

Women do you require a guy to be a certain height to be attractive to you even if he has other good qualities such as a muscular body, or a good personality? Also if you have a height requirement, how tall are you?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=25657

Over 60% of girls who voted in that poll said they wouldn't date a guy shorter than them. So yeah, height is obviously very important.

Also see: https://twitter.com/expsnghghtsm

If you're 5ft, that will obviously affect your ability to get girls, since most girls will probably be taller than you, and the majority of girls won't want to date someone shorter than them.

Obviously, it's not impossible for you to get a girlfriend though.
Reply 2
Being short isn't the end of the world. Realistically, a tall girl wouldn't be interested, but there are plenty of short girls who wouldn't mind. Most important is your confidence - you yourself have to get over the height issue. And be a nice guy, obviously.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=25657

Over 60% of girls who voted in that poll said they wouldn't date a guy shorter than them. So yeah, height is obviously very important.

Also see: https://twitter.com/expsnghghtsm

If you're 5ft, that will obviously affect your ability to get girls, since most girls will probably be taller than you, and the majority of girls won't want to date someone shorter than them.

Obviously, it's not impossible for you to get a girlfriend though.

that twitter feed is one of the most disgusting things I've seen. Imo equal to flat out nasty racism.
Reply 4
Original post by misst911
Being short isn't the end of the world. Realistically, a tall girl wouldn't be interested, but there are plenty of short girls who wouldn't mind. Most important is your confidence - you yourself have to get over the height issue. And be a nice guy, obviously.

everyone says this..short girls won't mind when most do, especially with heels and stuff.
Reply 5
Original post by jd1997
everyone says this..short girls won't mind when most do, especially with heels and stuff.

I guess I can only speak for myself then. In general a girl worth having won't judge you by your height. But it depends what girl you go for.
Original post by jd1997
that twitter feed is one of the most disgusting things I've seen. Imo equal to flat out nasty racism.

Yeah, basically.

I'm short as well though. People tend to say that short people unfairly blame their height for things, but I don't think that's the case. It's perfectly evident from the links I've posted that being short is pretty much the biggest possible disadvantage when it comes to dating. I've even known a couple of girls in very long term relationships (and one who was married) who said they'd never have gone out with their now-partner in the first place had he even been slightly shorter than her.

Most girls won't have that overt over-the-top hatred shown in the Twitter feed, but inside they still feel short guys are unattractive (which is fair enough I guess, people can't help what they're attracted to).
It's not the end of the world, but the way people on here make such a big deal (lol) about it, you'd think it was
Reply 8
I guess I can only speak for myself then. In general a girl worth having won't judge you by your height. But it depends what girl you go for.

fair enough, how tall are you?

Why wouldn't they? People of both genders judge others' appearances all the time: appearance (of which height is a component) is probably the key factor in whether someone would be interested in a romantic relationship.
Reply 10
Need to get shoes/boots with thick bases that make you look taller
I must say, some of the things retweeted by expsnghghtsm are enough to make a ***** get jaded
Reply 12
Original post by jd1997
fair enough, how tall are you?

5"2
The question is do short guys have a problem with tall girls?
Reply 14
your 5ft flat out or did you miss an extra number and are you a guy?
Original post by Indieboohoo

I don't think guys care about height as much as women. It's just a case of different genders caring about different things.

Eg, an unconfident guy is going to be more of a turn-off than an unconfident girl. Since girls tend to care more about confidence/status etc

But then a facially unattractive guy could use status to compensate for that, but a facially unattractive girl would probably be more disadvantaged.

I've never really heard a guy say they'd never date a girl taller than them (although I'm sure some do probably feel that way); certainly not 60% of them as in the poll above.
Reply 16
Original post by Indieboohoo

some do, although I personally don't and believe in general a short guy would be more willing than a tall girl would
Reply 17
It's mainly only an internet thing. Trust me, being short isn't that big of a deal. Most girls are short anyways. I've had amazon type girls come on to me and I don't find super tall girls attractive, either.

The whiners on TSR would prob still be virgins even if they was 6ft 5.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
Why wouldn't they? People of both genders judge others' appearances all the time: appearance (of which height is a component) is probably the key factor in whether someone would be interested in a romantic relationship.

I'm not denying that but 5" isn't drastically short, and just because you're not physically perfect doesn't mean you're not going to find someone.
well im 6ft.. and well, cant see why the hieght of a guy/girl would even come into my head when dating.. - previous partners have been as short as 4,11 - and as tall as 6,2...

- I used to be friends with a girl who swore she wouldnt date a guy shorter then her... - but well, alot of young/immature people say that.. - now she is engaged to a guy quite a bit shorter, and they are more then happy... - most people grow up, and grow out of hang ups on silly things like height.. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending