The Student Room Group

Short guy and women (long term + immediate_

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by jd1997
that twitter feed is one of the most disgusting things I've seen. Imo equal to flat out nasty racism.

That twitter feed is absolutely unacceptable. I hope those women have sons one day so they can feel the pain of reading that. I'm the shortest in my family and if I was a guy it would kill my confidence to read that.

I'm 5"7 and I wouldn't date someone shorter than me because I'm just not attracted to short guys and because my little brother is 5"8, I'd be dead embarrassed to have a boyfriend shorter than my brother.
Original post by Michaelj
I'm around 5ft 7~. My friend who is 5ft 3, had women fighting over him. There was something about him I suppose. Though, he settled with the girl who was shorter than him, he still had tall women fighting for his affection.

You can be tall but if you have a bland personality and an ugly face, you won't fare better than that 5ft 3 guy I told you about.

Yes, they exist IRL. Though, most people I've met IRL aren't that shallow? So, do were the people voting on the poll stuck to their computers or have I just been extremely lucky in my life?

What did he have going for him?
Reply 42
Original post by manchesterunited15
Genuinely*. Sorry :tongue:.

You said you're slightly below average, so what, 5ft 7,8? If so then you're taller than about 80% of women so it shouldn't affect you that much.

Well yeah, about 5ft 7. Though most women do tend to wear high heels as well, don't forget.
Reply 43
Original post by yaboy
i grew half an inch after i was 13 so i wouldnt count on that

The majority do though.

Either way at 15 I wouldn't be worrying about girls too much - a guy really hits his stride in his 20's
Reply 44
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
What did he have going for him?

He was a Royal Marine which the women loved for some reason... He was good looking and had that innocent, sweet type of personality that you wouldn't expect in a killer. I dunno, his personality was a bit bland, I dunno why everyone liked him so much. He wasn't even that muscular, like 65kg.
Reply 45
the average height for english women is 5,8 isnt it?
Original post by yaboy
the average height for english women is 5,8 isnt it?

About 5 ft 5 i think
Original post by Michaelj
He was a Royal Marine which the women loved for some reason... He was good looking and had that innocent, sweet type of personality that you wouldn't expect in a killer. I dunno, his personality was a bit bland, I dunno why everyone liked him so much. He wasn't even that muscular, like 65kg.

You can join the marines at 5'3"?

I'm 5'7" and would've thought that was far too small.
Reply 48
About 5 ft 5 i think

you sure???? most of the girls i know and in my sixthform (who are english) are about that height or taller

he meant boy scouts mate
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by yaboy
you sure???? most of the girls i know and in my sixthform (who are english) are about that height or taller

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11534042

According to that it's 5ft 3... I think people overestimate height tbh...
Reply 50

5ft 3 is the cut off point I think. You also need to weigh 60kg.
Reply 51
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11534042

According to that it's 5ft 3... I think people overestimate height tbh...

thats for the country in general, obviously it will go down considering the influx of asian people who seem to average about 4ft :wink:
Reply 52
Original post by jd1997
I'm like 5' tall, and pretty much done growing as I've not grown at all in a few years now. And I feel like it affects my ability around girls because I've been told flat out I'm too short at times, which like obviously dents my self confidence massively as I'm not an overly confident guy to begin with.

Women do you require a guy to be a certain height to be attractive to you even if he has other good qualities such as a muscular body, or a good personality? Also if you have a height requirement, how tall are you?

I don't. If anything, I prefer a guy to be a similar height to me (5"3) than much taller. I think I'd prefer a guy to be smaller in fact, than 10" taller or whatever.
But, judging on your username, and presuming you were born in 1997, you're only going to be 16 this year? If not, then this information may still be relevant to you...

Boys grow at different rates, as do girls. Some guys stop growing at 16, some carry on until 20. The same is for girls. I was 17 before I grew 4-5 inches in height to what I am now.

I know guys who are 19 and still getting taller, and my brother who grew something like 7 inches within a year and he's only 15. It differs per person. You can only really wait and see what happens unfortunately.

Hope this helps, don't let it get you down. To be honest, I am pretty sure it wouldn't bother anybody, especially if you are THAT compatible personality and looks wise with people. :smile:
Original post by yaboy
thats for the country in general, obviously it will go down considering the influx of asian people who seem to average about 4ft :wink:

Ah, so you don't consider asians people? :wink:
Reply 54
Ah, so you don't consider asians people? :wink:

lol you know what i meant
Original post by jd1997
I'm like 5' tall, and pretty much done growing as I've not grown at all in a few years now. And I feel like it affects my ability around girls because I've been told flat out I'm too short at times, which like obviously dents my self confidence massively as I'm not an overly confident guy to begin with.

Women do you require a guy to be a certain height to be attractive to you even if he has other good qualities such as a muscular body, or a good personality? Also if you have a height requirement, how tall are you?

Dude, unfortunately its true that short guys have a disadvantage not just in attracting women but also everyday life, e.g. employment promotions. This is to do with many reasons, one of which is evolution and women are hardwired to look for men who will increase their survival, which isn't really relevant today but they are still attracted to height.
I am 5'6, 19 and stopped growing for over 4 years, and although taller than you, I still feel depressed about my height however the way you need to look at it, is that you only live once, it would be silly to let it hold you back in life. Also people have other issues, would you rather be 5' or would you rather be missing a limb? At least the rest of you is healthy.
There will be heightism but since when did height dictate how competent a person you were, or how moral you are, how intelligent you are etc. It doesn't.
And we all know people who obsess about looks and prestige aren't the people we should care about and probably aren't the most intelligent.
I know its hard and illogical but you know your weakness now, and you will need to work harder in other areas to overcome this. But what else are you going to do? Spend you whole life upset and angry about your height and using at an excuse for everything bad in your life? No, only losers do that, and your not a loser.
(edited 11 years ago)
That Twitter pages always annoys me when I see it. The comments on it are disgusting. I shouldn't look, but I can't help it.

5'0" is obviously pretty damn short and is going to hurt your chances with a lot of girls. No real point in lying about it. You just need to hope that someone you like is able to look past your height.
Reply 57
Original post by NathanW18
That Twitter pages always annoys me when I see it. The comments on it are disgusting. I shouldn't look, but I can't help it.

5'0" is obviously pretty damn short and is going to hurt your chances with a lot of girls. No real point in lying about it. You just need to hope that someone you like is able to look past your height.

:colone:
Original post by jd1997
that twitter feed is one of the most disgusting things I've seen. Imo equal to flat out nasty racism.

I agree, but think about how ignorant and unintelligent these people are. Comments like short people have no purpose are just dumb, take Messi as one example, the best footballer in the world but only 5'6, or Martin Luther King Jr who was 5'7. Why should people care what these people think. We all know that the world is full of idiots and these are a selection of them. There have been studies linking racism to low IQ, and racism, sexism, height-ism etc all fall into the same bracket of basing judgement on people and thinking they are inferior based on their appearance so I think it would be highly likely their would be a link between height-ism and low IQ.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom
I agree, but think about how ignorant and unintelligent these people are. Comments like short people have no purpose are just dumb, take Messi as one example, the best footballer in the world but only 5'6. Why should people care what these people think. We all know that the world is full of idiots and these are a selection of them. There have been studies linking racism to low IQ, and racism, sexism, height-ism etc all fall into the same bracket of basing judgement on people on their appearance so I think it would be highly likely their would be a link between height-ism and low IQ.

Is it not appropriate to take appearance into account when matters of physical attraction are concerned, though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending