The Student Room Group

this girl really confuses me.

Basically, there's this girl in my lectures who I've found looking at me several times, but looks away as soon as I look :s-smilie:

I don't want to bother with stupid "does she like me or not" ****, I just don't understand why she looks at me so often, I start to think I've forgotten to wear my pants or something!

She did it again today, I was walking with my mate back to halls from the lecture, she was walking further ahead, I just looked ahead and saw her looking at me again then turn her head away, *sigh*

She's pretty, but I can't tell if she feels that I'm staring at her, or she's thinks I'm just odd. She seems shy but man I'm confuzzled.

Do you girls ever look at someone repeatedly like that? for what reason? If I ever see a girl I find attractive, yes i will look, but not more than once or twice, as I'd hate to look like a creep.

Should I just try talking to her or just try ignoring it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah some girls do it, and I don't think they realize they are full on staring lol. I was walking to a lecture and this girl was eyeing me up in the opposite direction so i stared her out and she looked away :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ZRO
Yeah some girls do it, and I don't think they realize they are full on staring lol. I was walking to a lecture and this girl was eyeing me up in the opposite direction so i stared her out and she looked away :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah

Its happened to me before, never bothered me before, but I'm just frickin curious why she stares. Surely my pencil case isn't that awesome!
Reply 3
Original post by cake_lover
Hahah

Its happened to me before, never bothered me before, but I'm just frickin curious why she stares. Surely my pencil case isn't that awesome!

Hmm if you find her looking at you often it seems like she may like you. Have you spoken before? If not I'd approach her and initiate a conversation. She's probably shy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! :biggrin: Sooo this will sound massively creepy but, when I find people interesting (not necessarily attractive) I can't help sneaking a peek... I don't know why but some people just make me wonder what they're like, what they do, what their life has been like so far, and what they're thinking of! But then, when I get 'caught' I realise how freaky and rude I'm being so I quickly look away! Maybe the girl you talk about is doing something similar? When you 'catch' her in the act, what is her expression like? This might give you a clue about why she looks at you!

Ooh also, it could just be that you're in her line of vision, or that your seat is in front of the window. I often doze off with my eyes open and 'stare' at someone without looking at them. Haha, once, this guy was sitting in front of the window in my chemistry class. I was always kind of tired or bored so I'd look out the window. He developped this theory that I had a massive crush on him because he thought I was always looking at him.
Just approach her, I've done it before with a guy that kept staring :biggrin:

"Sorry, have we met before?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it's in a lecture it's likely she is either just bored and likes making eye contact (sounds weird but some people do, it makes them feel important for a moment or something because they have control of someone else's attention). A lot more interesting than staring at stupid lecture slides. She could just be using the spare time to baffle you, in which case she has succeeded.

Alternatively she could think you seem nice, is visually drawn to you, finds it interesting to look at you. Don't jump to the conclusion she wants you in her pants, not saying you would, but loads of guys do that and it's just so annoying, arrogant and generally not becoming.

If you're interested in a girl, then the only way you'll ever get in there is if you get to know the true her, not by making dumb eye contact and playing games.

Good luck
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by SummitOfReason
If it's in a lecture it's likely she is either just bored and likes making eye contact (sounds weird but some people do, it makes them feel important for a moment or something because they have control of someone else's attention). A lot more interesting than staring at stupid lecture slides. She could just be using the spare time to baffle you, in which case she has succeeded.

Alternatively she could think you seem nice, is visually drawn to you, finds it interesting to look at you. Don't jump to the conclusion she wants you in her pants, not saying you would, but loads of guys do that and it's just so annoying, arrogant and generally not becoming.

If you're interested in a girl, then the only way you'll ever get in there is if you get to know the true her, not by making dumb eye contact and playing games.

Good luck

She's done it a few times in our tutorials as well. I don't intend on "getting in her pants" I've just become curious what draws her attention and would like to get to know her, I'm not exactly drop dead gorgeous but rather average looking so I can't see what draws her attention. I just don't understand how/when to approach as I'm not very confident myself, and the lectures are always busy and she's always with her friends in the tutorials.
She totally fancies you. Ask her out. If you like her. If not, then don't...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
She fancies you, this is pretty much basic rule no1.

If she looks at you for long periods of time she's pretty much going "COME OVER AND ****ING TALK TO ME!" Your the guy, make the first move. She just doesn't want to come across as either easy or a slut.
Sounds like she obv likes you. Or you fascinate her in some other way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Knighted
She fancies you, this is pretty much basic rule no1.

If she looks at you for long periods of time she's pretty much going "COME OVER AND ****ING TALK TO ME!" Your the guy, make the first move. She just doesn't want to come across as either easy or a slut.

But she doesn't smile she just looks away, I mostly find girls smile if they want you to talk to them. I just have no idea how I should approach her and when, as she's always with friends, and I have really little confidence myself, I've never had a proper girlfriend so I'm not used to this sort of thing. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically, there's this girl in my lectures who I've found looking at me several times, but looks away as soon as I look :s-smilie:

I don't want to bother with stupid "does she like me or not" ****, I just don't understand why she looks at me so often, I start to think I've forgotten to wear my pants or something!

She did it again today, I was walking with my mate back to halls from the lecture, she was walking further ahead, I just looked ahead and saw her looking at me again then turn her head away, *sigh*

She's pretty, but I can't tell if she feels that I'm staring at her, or she's thinks I'm just odd. She seems shy but man I'm confuzzled.

Do you girls ever look at someone repeatedly like that? for what reason? If I ever see a girl I find attractive, yes i will look, but not more than once or twice, as I'd hate to look like a creep.

Should I just try talking to her or just try ignoring it?

TALK TO HER....
she obviously likes you x
Reply 13
Just realised, I added her on Facebook like two months ago from a society page for our course (I added most people I see in lectures and tutorials as I felt it would be a good idea as I see them a lot)

Could me I guess randomly adding her caused her to think I'm some creep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Just realised, I added her on Facebook like two months ago from a society page for our course (I added most people I see in lectures and tutorials as I felt it would be a good idea as I see them a lot)

Could me I guess randomly adding her caused her to think I'm some creep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doubt it. If you added her on Facebook send a message saying hi

Posted from TSR Mobile
She probably likes you. Or finds you attractive. But, yes, it doesn't mean she "wants you in her pants" as others have put it. I've actually done this the other way round a few times before, without realising it. Best thing to do is smile, or a smiley-wink which is harmless and amicable. You will catch her gaze before she looks away, she'll see. But, after having done so, don't stare at her. She'd feel awkward; most people like to think they can look on someone without them knowing, so it's like a guilty pleasure. If you have the same lecture regularly, you can keep this up, until it's happened enough to bring it up.
Some people go for nicknames that are self-evident and amusing, or you could go for the "You're the girl from ..." - it shows that you noticed her. Don't make an explicit point of the fact she looks at you. No matter how funny you are, it can be awkward for both of you :wink:
Make some conversation, get stuck in; you'll soon work out if she likes you. If you're still not sure, keep it up, get her number :smile:
Good luck buddy, tell us how it goes!
Reply 16
Original post by agoose77
She probably likes you. Or finds you attractive. But, yes, it doesn't mean she "wants you in her pants" as others have put it. I've actually done this the other way round a few times before, without realising it. Best thing to do is smile, or a smiley-wink which is harmless and amicable. You will catch her gaze before she looks away, she'll see. But, after having done so, don't stare at her. She'd feel awkward; most people like to think they can look on someone without them knowing, so it's like a guilty pleasure. If you have the same lecture regularly, you can keep this up, until it's happened enough to bring it up.
Some people go for nicknames that are self-evident and amusing, or you could go for the "You're the girl from ..." - it shows that you noticed her. Don't make an explicit point of the fact she looks at you. No matter how funny you are, it can be awkward for both of you :wink:
Make some conversation, get stuck in; you'll soon work out if she likes you. If you're still not sure, keep it up, get her number :smile:
Good luck buddy, tell us how it goes!

Hmm I may try this, I just hope I can find the courage to approach her especially as the lectures are somewhat busy!
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! :biggrin: Sooo this will sound massively creepy but, when I find people interesting (not necessarily attractive) I can't help sneaking a peek... I don't know why but some people just make me wonder what they're like, what they do, what their life has been like so far, and what they're thinking of! But then, when I get 'caught' I realise how freaky and rude I'm being so I quickly look away! Maybe the girl you talk about is doing something similar? When you 'catch' her in the act, what is her expression like? This might give you a clue about why she looks at you!

Ooh also, it could just be that you're in her line of vision, or that your seat is in front of the window. I often doze off with my eyes open and 'stare' at someone without looking at them. Haha, once, this guy was sitting in front of the window in my chemistry class. I was always kind of tired or bored so I'd look out the window. He developped this theory that I had a massive crush on him because he thought I was always looking at him.

She seems to have a serious face, but I guess that's her neutral face hah, but she looks away instantly and it's happened a couple of times, and I know I'm not in her line of sight as I'll be behind or to the side of her (as some distance not like next to her all the time).

However a day ago I did walk past her and she gave me smile (unexpected really), so it's really got me thinking along with the glances in lectures.
Original post by Anonymous

I do exactly this!
Reply 19
Original post by EffieFlowers
I do exactly this!

But would you want them to talk to you, or get to know them (as a friend of course, nothing more)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending