The Student Room Group

UWE Primary PGCE (5-11)

Sorry if there is a thread already but I couldn't find it on search.

I've got my unconditional offer from UWE for my Primary PGCE for sept '13! Anyone else got the news yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Got my offer for primary PGCE a couple of weeks ago too :-)
Reply 2
Excellent stuff, thought I was gonna be the only one on here

Posted from TSR Mobile
The information from UWE hasn't been great. I really want to sort my accommodation out but it seems this is more or less the only way to contact other PGCE people.
Reply 4
Aye I need to sort out my accommodation but I'm leaving that till way later. (Famous last words). Hoping to test the water for flats around July time after I gotta leave my current place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thought I might join in at this point, am too on the PGCE at UWE in Sept... but if you want a spare room at my place give me a shout!
I thought it would be a good idea to get somebody in as if on the same course can lift share apart from anything else.
Reply 6
So 3 people plus one other I know from work. A grand total of 4 people.... If there was just 4 places then we are truly the future of primary education!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Heya,

I'm starting in September too. Has everyone now got accommodation? I'm didn't want to go into halls so am looking at private accommodation at the moment.
Reply 8
I still have a spare room going as I live in Bristol anyway, if your interested let me know. I am trying to make sure that the room will go to either someone on the course or a friend of a friend who nabs it first.
Reply 9
Where abouts do you live? I'd much prefer to be with someone from the course so I can moan with someone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I live in Redfield... its a quite close to St George on the East side of the City. Its about 20 mins walk to the centre, 5 mins walk to St Lawrence Train Station and bus stops at the end of the road. Really close to local shops and take away's if your feeling really lazy! It does look a bit rough (it isn't Clifton), but its a pleasant place to live.

I do reckon the course will be easier with a sounding board for a good grumble.
Reply 11
Hmm keep me on the back burner, I'm trying to get somewhere Montpelier or Ashleydown to be near my old house and the girlfriend. If it goes it goes but ill be a stron. Contender if I'm still struggling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
i was just wondering, is this course very competitive?
Reply 13
I have had a couple of friends that have done the course already, they said that it was difficult and tiring but I can't remember them ever saying that it was competitive. They did say that it is important to get 'outstanding' marks for all assignments as it makes it easier to get a job at the end.

I don't think you will find yourself in a competitive environment, unless you want to make it competitive... i doubt that UWE will put extra pressure on as a Masters level course is usually extremely demanding as it is.
Reply 14
The Uni isn't getting back to me but any of your friends from before know the start date and an idea of any reading list? I can't find anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
i will ask... but I have had my student finance documents and the first payment is the 6th september, so would expect it will be a school annual timetable.
Reply 16
Got a email today from UWE, Registration 16th Sept
Just e-mailed Sarah Whitehouse to get her to clarify a few things as i think the lack of clear information has been terrible. The pre-course 2 week school experience is something we are expected to arrange ourselves but as this was only sent to us yesterday arranging a placement in the last week or first week of term is going to be impossible but apparently its compulsory so now i have to try to get schools to take me!!
Reply 18
Do we have to do a new experience? We had to do 2 weeks before you interview didn't we? Part of the whole application requirements? I'll just write about what I've already done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Also yea info has been a bit unclear. That 2 week experience thing I thought was a mistake in the pack. Also there's no information about where to send the bursary form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending