The Student Room Group

french gcse or italian night classes?

I've always wanted to learn Italian but my school doesn't offer the option so for GCSE i opted to do French and my teacher is constantly never here and we're not getting taught what we should be and my grades have suffered. But most Universities a language is necessary I wanted to know whether or not if it would be graded the same if I were to do an Italian night class and whether it would have the same merit as a French GCSE with Universities?
Original post by Caitlou
I've always wanted to learn Italian but my school doesn't offer the option so for GCSE i opted to do French and my teacher is constantly never here and we're not getting taught what we should be and my grades have suffered. But most Universities a language is necessary I wanted to know whether or not if it would be graded the same if I were to do an Italian night class and whether it would have the same merit as a French GCSE with Universities?

What course do you want to do? The relevance often depends on the course. Also what uni's that you are looking at say this, because if they list it as a requirement then a GCSE is usually necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending