The Student Room Group

Should I Leave the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rafimax
When I see posts that are this unimaginably stupid, I wonder how the poster ever learnt to type something that resembles coherent English.

And when I see a post like this, I wish I had a quid for every time a person uses insults because they cannot construct a retort :rolleyes:

I think next you should play the
"Your spelling is poor card"
then the anti-semetic card,
then insult where I go to university, and mention your academia.

Thats almost as good as a well thought argument.
Reply 21
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
And when I see a post like this, I wish I had a quid for every time a person uses insults because they cannot construct a retort :rolleyes:

I think next you should play the
"Your spelling is poor card"
then the anti-semetic card,
then insult where I go to university, and mention your academia.

Thats almost as good as a well thought argument.

Oh, I'm sorry, do you want a well constructed retort? I don't think your comment deserved one. It implied that me being racially abused was somehow OK, and in a very off-hand way, assumed that Jews should have no presence at all in their own (UN-sanctioned, and legal under international law) country.
It's quite clear that Israel has and continues to commit war crimes against humanity. I'm not against Jews at all and consider them as my brothers and sisters truly, however what I am strongly against is Zionism and the force it continues to exerts on the Palestinians since their expulsion in 1948 following the Balfour declaration (british pm of the time sent a letter to senior a Rothchild outlining the need for establishment of an independent state for the Jews).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Gapyear-er2012
It's quite clear that Israel has and continues to commit war crimes against humanity. I'm not against Jews at all and consider them as my brothers and sisters truly, however what I am strongly against is Zionism and the force it continues to exerts on the Palestinians since their expulsion in 1948 following the Balfour declaration (british pm of the time sent a letter to senior a Rothchild outlining the need for establishment of an independent state for the Jews).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I see some evidence please?
Also, you need to get your history right. In 1948, the Arab nations were so confident in victory in what later became known as the War of Independence that they encouraged the Palestinians to leave what would become Israel to 'get out of the way'. Those that left were not resettled by the countries they went to (although they should have been, it was those countries' fault they were stuck there). Those that didn't leave became Israeli citizens, and enjoy more freedom as Israelis than citizens of any Arab country.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by nish81
and yet:

r u a moron? or a troll. if you're a troll you can stay, else go ahead and leave

What I'm saying regarding Deir Yassin is that it was isolated, and that systematic ethnic cleansing has never and will never be performed by the State of Israel. That is fact.
Reply 26
Original post by Halfway_Book
until Israel stops terrorising Palestine, no zionist jew should be welcome in the UK. Would we have welcomed proponents of apartheid?

Are you saying that you don't believe Jews have a right to live here, or a right to free speech? That's some pretty hardcore racism there.
Reply 27
Original post by Ascendant
Let's hope he doesn't start lobbing white phosphorus at anyone who disagrees with him. This guy is a joke.
If you truly feel victimised then deal with it or leave. Don't whinge about it on a forum, it's pathetic.

What do you mean, deal with it? I don't really see why I should accept racism and victimisation...
Reply 28
Leaving lets those jerks win, simple as that. Though if you've had a really harsh experience, I would say leave. A person can only take so much. When I was in undergrad in the states, I got jumped, beaten up, and put into a hospital for a week. Why? because I have brown skin. You can stand for what you believe in only so much till you can't take anymore. Good luck to you and in what decision you decide to make.
Original post by rafimax
Also, you need to get your history right. In 1948, the Arab nations were so confident in victory in what later became known as the War of Independence that they encouraged the Palestinians to leave what would become Israel to 'get out of the way'. Those that left were not resettled by the countries they went to (although they should have been, it was those countries' fault they were stuck there). Those that didn't leave became Israeli citizens, and enjoy more freedom as Israelis than citizens of any Arab country.

During the 2008-09 ‘Operation Cast Lead,’ Israel killed over 1,400 Palestinians and wounded over 5,000 others. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Most victims were civilians as is always the case in such wars of ‘self-defense’. A United Nations investigation published in September 2009 concluded there is “evidence indicating serious violations of international human rights and humanitarian law were committed by Israel during the Gaza conflict, and that Israel committed actions amounting to war crimes, and possibly crimes against humanity.”

source: Presstv
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/11/26/274562/war-on-gaza-and-the-war-ahead/
Original post by rafimax
I am an 18-year-old student, who is Jewish. I'm not in any way ashamed of this, and I wear a kippah just about everywhere I go.
However, I am starting to get the sense that Great Britain as a country does not think I should be proud of who I am. Anti-Semitism is on the rise (I have been the victim of anti-Semitic abuse myself), and the so-called 'liberal left' seems to think that I can't see through their masquerade, pretending that their anti-Israel opinions represent the truth, and that they hold these views purely out of solidarity with the Palestinians, and not at all because they think that Jews are rich puppet masters who control the world. I see a left attacking Israel with increasing vitriol, and increased fervour. I see a left which now seems to believe just about any of the lies said about Israel. Amongst the left, the sick, twisted, evil and untrue notion that Israel took part in ethnic cleansing in 1948 and since seems now to be accepted as truth and gospel, despite there being not a single shred of evidence in favour of these beliefs (please don't quote Deir Yassin at me. The crimes that took place there were horrible, and should (and have) never been repeated by people fighting for an independent Jewish state. I'm not justifying what happened, I'm claiming it was an aberration, an isolated point in history). I see a left which seems to be wandering into the trap set by fundamentalist (I deliberately mean to exclude moderate, liberal and secular Muslims, most of whom seem to be wise to this threat, and jolly nice people as well) Islam.
However, it is not this that upsets me. It is not that there is a minority of people who direct vitirolic hate towards Israel and the Jews. This has always and will always be the case with a minority group. What upsets me is that people are increasingly going along with this madness. It is becoming more and more accepted that the views of the left are virtuous and that all the left is doing is standing up for the little guy. There is a sense among the general public that those who are repeatedly and blatantly lying about imagined crimes Israel has not and will never commit are merely standing up for the Palestinians. Within the mainstream media (I mean the BBC, the Sunday Times, I don't consider the Guardian to be mainstream any more) there is a growing sense that these so-called defenders of the Palestinians are correct. That is what really worries me.
I am genuinely scared that soon a situation arises in this country where those who stand up for Israel are treated as extremists, cranks and lunatics, on the same level as someone who were to defend Bashar-al-Assad. When this happens, I'm out of here.
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/douglas-murray/2013/01/should-jews-leave-britain/

I am sorry that you have faced anti-Semitism and sorry that it is on the rise in Europe yet again but you are wrong to blame the left for it. Most of the people who would carry out anti-Semitic attacks are right-wing racists who would also attack Muslims and others who they deem a threat to a British society (Islamophobia is also on the rise, more so than anti-Semitism). I am a Palestinian rights activist (though I have a concern for all human rights) and think that the Palestinians have suffered ethnic cleansing and are suffering apartheid at the hands of the Israeli government. Does this mean that I would hate a Jew just because he/she is Jewish? Absolutely not. I am perfectly capable of distinguishing the average Jew from the Israeli government and so are all of the other supporters of the Palestinian cause I know.

I hope that you're not one of those people implying that those who criticise Israel are anti-Semitic, I am familiar with this form of blackmail and am unfazed by it.
Reply 31
Original post by rafimax
I am starting to get the sense

Original post by rafimax
What do you mean, deal with it? I don't really see why I should accept racism and victimisation...

Your perceived "racism" and "victimisation" is based on a "a sense" for crying out loud.

What does this show? It shows you have an inferiority complex and paranoia issues.

You say you don't feel a part of mainstream Britain though judging by your posts and propensity to generalise and tar people with the same brush, it's fairly evident you don't even have any real interest in multicultural integration anyway. Go see a psychiatrist.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rafimax

moderators on this forum are blocking my comments otherwise u would see that Israel is a war criminal. For ur peace of mind that they are please read the United Nations investigation published in September 2009 which concluded that there was “evidence indicating serious violations of international human rights and humanitarian law were committed by Israel during the Gaza conflict, and that Israel committed actions amounting to war crimes, and possibly crimes against humanity.”
Frankenstein's monster returns .

Jewish Supremacists Cause Mass Immigration into Europe—and Now Flee their Own Creation

http://www.timesofisrael.com/possible-school-closure-reflects-jews-flight-from-european-cities/
Reply 34
Original post by Awwaaba
I am sorry that you have faced anti-Semitism and sorry that it is on the rise in Europe yet again but you are wrong to blame the left for it. Most of the people who would carry out anti-Semitic attacks are right-wing racists who would also attack Muslims and others who they deem a threat to a British society (Islamophobia is also on the rise, more so than anti-Semitism). I am a Palestinian rights activist (though I have a concern for all human rights) and think that the Palestinians have suffered ethnic cleansing and are suffering apartheid at the hands of the Israeli government. Does this mean that I would hate a Jew just because he/she is Jewish? Absolutely not. I am perfectly capable of distinguishing the average Jew from the Israeli government and so are all of the other supporters of the Palestinian cause I know.

I hope that you're not one of those people implying that those who criticise Israel are anti-Semitic, I am familiar with this form of blackmail and am unfazed by it.

First of all, I do appreciate that not all critics of Israel hate Jews. However, I think that those who actively hate Israel and everything it does (hate, not criticise) do hate Jews.
I, however, have to disagree with you on the ethnic cleansing front, because it simply has not happened. There is not a single shred of evidence. I have a lot of sympathy for the Palestinians, they are classic victims of an oppresive regime. The Palestinian leadership, mainly Hamas, but to a lesser extent, other ruling factions, play the classic propaganda tactic of diverting attention away from their own oppressive leadership by constantly demonising the enemy without, and as a result, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and have been duped into becoming their own worst enemy in the pursuit of peace.
moderators on this forum are blocking my comments otherwise u would see that Israel is a war criminal. For ur peace of mind that they are please read the United Nations investigation published in September 2009 which concluded that there was “evidence indicating serious violations of international human rights and humanitarian law were committed by Israel during the Gaza conflict, and that Israel committed actions amounting to war crimes, and possibly crimes against humanity.”

Dear Gapyear-er2012,

A thread or post you made was placed in pre-moderation after creation to be reviewed by the moderation team and has now been declined.

The thread or post title was: Re: Should I Leave the UK?

Regards,
The TSR Moderation Team

Reply 36
Dear Gapyear-er2012,

A thread or post you made was placed in pre-moderation after creation to be reviewed by the moderation team and has now been declined.

The thread or post title was: Re: Should I Leave the UK?

Regards,
The TSR Moderation Team

Well then, Private Message me what you were gonna say
Reply 37
No you should not leave.

I am kinda liberal, leftist myself and I don't know why the left wing media portrays only the Israelis as the bad guys. I don't think it has anything to do with anti-Semitism but more to do with standing up for the little guy as you put it. People just like to cheer for the underdog, I think.

You should not take it as a sign of anti Jewish or anti Israeli sentiment but present your case..that is the only way to change hearts and minds.
Original post by rafimax
First of all, I do appreciate that not all critics of Israel hate Jews. However, I think that those who actively hate Israel and everything it does (hate, not criticise) do hate Jews.
I, however, have to disagree with you on the ethnic cleansing front, because it simply has not happened. There is not a single shred of evidence. I have a lot of sympathy for the Palestinians, they are classic victims of an oppresive regime. The Palestinian leadership, mainly Hamas, but to a lesser extent, other ruling factions, play the classic propaganda tactic of diverting attention away from their own oppressive leadership by constantly demonising the enemy without, and as a result, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and have been duped into becoming their own worst enemy in the pursuit of peace.

I do not support Hamas and their tactics either but there have been several named massacres since 1948 carried out by the Israeli government (one of the most well known being the Dier Yassin massacre). Palestinians have had their homes bulldozed since then to make way for settlers who were living halfway across the world and aren't even allowed to have passports, that's just a few of the injustices that were, and are being carried out by the Israeli government. Netenyahu still refuses to stop bulldozing Palestinian homes and building settlements despite that he is breaching international law and there are never consequences for Israel's actions.

Here's an example:
Israel orders demolition of 8 Palestinian villages, claims need for IDF training land
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-orders-demolition-of-8-palestinian-villages-claims-need-for-idf-training-land-1.453015

This makes it seem like peace isn't what the Israeli government wants at all.
Reply 39
Original post by Inquirer
No you should not leave.

I am kinda liberal, leftist myself and I don't know why the left wing media portrays only the Israelis as the bad guys. I don't think it has anything to do with anti-Semitism but more to do with standing up for the little guy as you put it. People just like to cheer for the underdog, I think.

You should not take it as a sign of anti Jewish or anti Israeli sentiment but present your case..that is the only way to change hearts and minds.

I used to be sure that was the case, but owing to recent events (both the Sunday Times cartoon and David Ward's horrible and offensive comments about the Holocaust) I'm not so sure any more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending