The Student Room Group

Awkward situation with girl

I'm a first year at university and there's a girl who I'm fairly close to. We live on the same corridor, do the same course, have lots of mutual friends and both always go to the same society. I've had a big crush on her for the past two months, and over the past few weeks for a variety of reasons I got the impression that she liked me too - she was frequently flirty with me and laughed at all my jokes, amongst other things.

But on a night out last week, as me, her and another person were walking back from town and all rather tipsy, I made a comment which clearly implied that I really liked her. At dinner the following day she was just as friendly towards me as she had been before, which made me think "great, she's not put off by the fact that I like her as more than a friend".

However, over the past few days since then, she has been really antisocial towards me, ignored me, tried to get away from me when I'm speaking to her, and most significantly - consistently avoided me in a way so obvious its insulting.

This has really pissed me off, and its going to be very awkward if she continues trying to totally avoid me and not speak to me like this, as like I said at the start of the post, we live in close proximity, have lots of mutual friends, do the same course, and go to the same society. What can I do to resolve this awkward situation?
Reply 1
Maybe you should make a move, and see how she reacts. She might just be confused at hearing that you like her but haven't mentioned it before.
Reply 2
Go and ask her out. She tries to hide herself because she tries to investigate whether you are really interested in her or you miss her somehow. The only one to know is to ask her out, yes will be good for you, no will put the end to it. Simples :}
Reply 3
Antisocial - you mean unsociable right?

Unless she's smashing your windows and stealing your things :erm: in which case I wouldn't pursue a relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending