The Student Room Group

Anyone had any offers/interviews for veterinary gateway programme at RCV?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paigiey
How do you guys think it went?

I thought it was alright. Although i do wish I could go and do it again haha. Back to the waiting game till end of march lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by Hardworker.
I thought it was alright. Although i do wish I could go and do it again haha. Back to the waiting game till end of march lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I said some pretty stupid things tbh :colondollar:
Reply 62
I had my interview on the 27th too :smile: had anyone heard anything yet? They said between the middle and end of march and i hate waiting!! lol
Reply 63
Original post by Sherkhan
I had my interview on the 27th too :smile: had anyone heard anything yet? They said between the middle and end of march and i hate waiting!! lol

Nah nothing yet, I looked on last years stalking page and I think everyone heard about the 28th so I think it'll be next thrusday. But same can't stand the waiting & I'm so nervous! Which group were you in?
Reply 64
Ohh! I was hoping it would be this week! Lol I was in FF2, you?
Reply 65
Yeah I've been dying to know since the interview :tongue:, but just a week left I guess...
I think it was EE2 but I'm not sure :colondollar:
Reply 66
Me too! Ohh right lol :smile: how do you feel your interview went?
Unsuccessful :frown: but got an offer for biovet at rvc. Good luck to everyone else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone!! :biggrin: OMG!! :biggrin: I'M SOOO HAPPY!!! I just received an offer for the gateway!! :smile: RVC HERE I COME!! :biggrin: How did everyone else do? :smile:
Reply 69
I got my conditional offer from middlesex my top uni at last!!!! :-) over the moon! 6 weeks post interview and they gave me the offer friday just gone which was my bday! Best bday present ever! Got my confirmation from them today. :-D x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all,
(I apologize if I'm dragging an old thread back up!) I am taking a gap year this year and applying for the RVC gateway programme in October, I was just wondering what sort of proof you needed to supply as evidence for the household income etc.? I know they ask for tax forms (or something similar), but do they require your driving license/passport or anything? Just wondering what sort of ID I will need as I currently don't have an in-date passport!

Thank you! :smile:
Ellie
Reply 71
You can't apply for the gateway on a gap year, you have to be in education to apply
Would being in a "year 14" count? As I would still be attending sixth form due to retakes.
Thank you for the response!
Reply 73
Yeah that's fine :smile:
Great, thanks for letting me know!
Good luck to everyone who applied this year! :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by paulpaulpauln
Hey everyone!! :biggrin: OMG!! :biggrin: I'M SOOO HAPPY!!! I just received an offer for the gateway!! :smile: RVC HERE I COME!! :biggrin: How did everyone else do? :smile:

Hi well done you!! can you tell me if you done the DOE award? also what activities did you do outside of school..my daughter wants to be a vet and she wants to go to the rvc if possible..she hate sport and don't do any activities outside of school (she is 15) she is doing a diving course soon as she will enjoy that, do you think not having any outside activities will affect her chances, she will be applying for the gateway course
Good luck to everyone
Original post by maz64
Hi well done you!! can you tell me if you done the DOE award? also what activities did you do outside of school..my daughter wants to be a vet and she wants to go to the rvc if possible..she hate sport and don't do any activities outside of school (she is 15) she is doing a diving course soon as she will enjoy that, do you think not having any outside activities will affect her chances, she will be applying for the gateway course
Good luck to everyone

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I didn't do the DOE award, and to be honest I don't really do any sports outside school, so I don't think you should worry too much. Just make sure she has as much work experience as possible, it doesn't have to be directly related to the veterinary discipline as I did 3 months at a dentist, but I also spent 3 weeks a Vet surgery. The work experience has to be relevant, as in the interview they will ask questions on their experiences. At the work experience station at my interview they only ask questions about my time at Medivet. I don't think that the lack of activities will affect her chances of getting in, but my interview of just been better than people that did have it.
Also maybe she could do some volunteer work outside school, or something that will make her stand out, for example I tutored maths.
Sorry I wrote an essay, and I also went off topic but I hope I helped. If you have any more questions either about the interview or anything else I'm more than happy to help.
Hi there! I have applied for the gateway programme and BSc Vet leeinary Nursing at RVC! I have received an invitation for interview for the gateway programme but haven't heard anything about the vet nursing yet! I was just wondering if they email you the SAF or if I'm supposed to send it away with my UCAS application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending