The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmmaBurton
I just think it's a sign of someone being weak and selfish. There are 7 billion people on this planet. Only one of them gets pleasure from masturbation and that's the person dong it. In contrast, having sex with someone else is more positive because it means you give pleasure to someone else and get some back in return.

My idea of a man who I can love and desire is someone who is strong, mentally, physically and emotionally. Such a man is not afraid to ask me for sex or BJs if he's horny. And if we're apart, he has the strength of character to suppress his desires until I can satisfy them. That's why I could never stay in a relationship with a guy who masturbated.

As for starting the no-fap thread for girls, I did it because it shocked me that hardly any of the people signing up to the main thread were girls. I think I'm right in saying it's much less than 10%. And the girls who've signed up are more likely to have had fails or left than the guys.

TBH I'm pretty much disgusted with my own sex because I think it must be massively harder for guys to give up than us, because they have the discomfort that comes from having a big sperm build-up and also from having constant erections. They also have the embarrassment of wet dreams if things reach such a pressure point that their bodies absolutely have to have an outlet. I think it's frankly shameful that hardly any girls have signed up, it makes us look weak and selfish.

That's the reason why girls haven't given it up. We have no reason to, we won't get as uncomfortable at that stage. I have no problem with my bf masturbating, as long as he's thinking of me. I think it's unfair to say he can't do it, I'm sure if I asked him too he wouldn't, but I don't see why I should ask him not to. I don't see how it's selfish, it's not as if he's masturbating then saying he doesn't want to do it with you as well. It's already a taboo for girls to masturbating without other females telling us it's wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Bf - yes yes yes yes yes yes yessssss then take over
Reply 42
I just think it's a sign of someone being weak and selfish. There are 7 billion people on this planet. Only one of them gets pleasure from masturbation and that's the person dong it. In contrast, having sex with someone else is more positive because it means you give pleasure to someone else and get some back in return.

My idea of a man who I can love and desire is someone who is strong, mentally, physically and emotionally. Such a man is not afraid to ask me for sex or BJs if he's horny. And if we're apart, he has the strength of character to suppress his desires until I can satisfy them. That's why I could never stay in a relationship with a guy who masturbated.

Do you eat alone sometimes? watch films on your own? you could use your arguement for suggesting that you shouldnt do any of this on your own.

The bold astounds me. Like litterally speachless. Firstly, its totally natural, plenty of animals do it too you know. Secondly, thats savagely needy. Like on an industrial scale.
Thirdly, i resent the insinuation that masturbation is about not having physical, mental or emotional strength.

and fourthly, of course, your boyfriend does. I promise. I bet my eyebrows on it. He may not tell you but he does. Just like every guy. and that is infallible.
Original post by chris3334
Men love watching girls play with themselves but do girls like watching guys whilst they play with themselves - whether your bf, a friend or a stranger? Have you watched a guy do it?

Girls like watching two guys have fun with each other. Now kiss
Original post by c471

The bold astounds me. Like litterally speachless.

I know, it's mental. A girl would have to be an absolute cretin to demand a man doesn't masturbate, and feel insecure if he plays with his willy.

It's stuff like this that makes me thank god I'm gay

Lol you are what's known as a bunny boiler (or a hilarious troll, it's hard to know)
Original post by desdemonata
Bf - yes. Stranger not so much, friend, definitely not (that would just be awkward).

Original post by smudge_moon
Bf -yes. Anyone else... No :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd be suprised, everytime I've been caught masturbating, the person who caught me kept on looking for a short while, upwards of 5 seconds in some cases. On a couple of occasions when my flat-mat found me masturbating she looked and said want some help.. It does turn woman on.

This is why I don't answer hypothetical questions, your answer is 10000% different to how you'd react if it were happening.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MostUncivilised
Girls like watching two guys have fun with each other. Now kiss

Funny kid :wink: you do make me laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by Anthony.BF
You'd be suprised, everytime I've been caught masturbating, the person who caught me kept on looking for a short people. On a couple of occasions when my flat-mat found me masturbating she looked and said want some help.. It does turn woman on.

This is why I don't answer hypothetical questions, your answer is 10000% different to how you'd react if it were happening.

Why, do you have a thing for dwarves?
Original post by c471
Why, do you have a thing for dwarves?

Woops, good spo, thanks

As for starting the no-fap thread for girls, I did it because it shocked me that hardly any of the people signing up to the main thread were girls. I think I'm right in saying it's much less than 10%. And the girls who've signed up are more likely to have had fails or left than the guys.

TBH I'm pretty much disgusted with my own sex because I think it must be massively harder for guys to give up than us, because they have the discomfort that comes from having a big sperm build-up and also from having constant erections. They also have the embarrassment of wet dreams if things reach such a pressure point that their bodies absolutely have to have an outlet. I think it's frankly shameful that hardly any girls have signed up, it makes us look weak and selfish.

If I don't jack off I get all cranky. I don't currently have a GF. I'm doing it for purely unselfish reasons, honest! :tongue:
I don't agree with masturbation. If I saw my boyfriend doing it, I'd chuck him and would have nothing but contempt for him. If he has an urge, he can have sex with me, or a BJ if I'm on my period. No need for him to take care of things for himself. And if we're apart, if he's any kind of man, he should surely be able to control himself until we're together.

Masturbation is very healthy as well as sex.
And it's good for people to know their own bodies and what feels good for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're so closed minded. 8/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by c471
Do you eat alone sometimes? watch films on your own? you could use your arguement for suggesting that you shouldnt do any of this on your own.

The bold astounds me. Like litterally speachless. Firstly, its totally natural, plenty of animals do it too you know. Secondly, thats savagely needy. Like on an industrial scale.
Thirdly, i resent the insinuation that masturbation is about not having physical, mental or emotional strength.

and fourthly, of course, your boyfriend does. I promise. I bet my eyebrows on it. He may not tell you but he does. Just like every guy. and that is infallible.

Good reply! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by c471

Wish I could rep this so much.

Especially for the bolded :rofl: never heard that one before, might nick it off you :biggrin:
Original post by smudge_moon
It's already a taboo for girls to masturbating without other females telling us it's wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's less of a taboo than it used to be I think. There are lots of girls here who admit they do it and say they've told their boyfriends, friends etc. And lots of my friends say they do it and even talk about different toys they use.

But had you considered there could be a good reason for it being a taboo? Like it diverts your sexuality away from proper sex towards masturbation, toys and oral or manual stimulation by your boyfriend. Also it can increase the sex drive, which can lead to ONS or shagging unsuitable guys if no decent boyfriend is available.
Original post by c471

Of course I do those things alone. But doing that in preference to doing them with someone else would be a bit hermit-like, don't you think?

My boyfriend definitely does NOT masturbate. Absolutely not, no way. He is a strong man with self control and respect for himself and me. He is not an animal. If he masturbated he would be so dumped it isn't true. I'd also tell his parents, his brother and sister and all our friends. But all that would be nothing compared to how much he would hate himself for being so weak. And there's no need for it, he can get all the sex he wants from me, and if I'm on my period or don't want full sex, I have never refused him a blow job, and he knows I never will. So why would he need his hand?
Original post by c471

Male masturbators have been denigrated as unmanly and weak-willed since the beginning of modern society.

Female masturbators were too, except after the sexual revolutions in the 1890s, 1920s, 1960s (the times when everyone had a lot of money) and since then female sexual emancipation has become pretty permanent.

Nowadays, female masturbation is not a low-value activity. It's positively celebrated. Imagine being a man and wanting to buy a sex toy to enhance your masturbatory pleasure. Yet women do this all the time, talk about it candidly, etc.

In short, what I'm saying is MEN NEED TO EMANCIPATE THEMSELVES FROM THEIR GENDER ROLE.
Reply 58
If he masturbated he would be so dumped it isn't true. I'd also tell his parents, his brother and sister and all our friends. But all that would be nothing compared to how much he would hate himself for being so weak.

I'm sorry but your relationship doesn't sound very healthy. Have you realised that if your boyfriend genuinely doesn't masturbate it's probably because of your manipulation and blackmailing..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course I do those things alone. But doing that in preference to doing them with someone else would be a bit hermit-like, don't you think?

My boyfriend definitely does NOT masturbate. Absolutely not, no way. He is a strong man with self control and respect for himself and me. He is not an animal. If he masturbated he would be so dumped it isn't true. I'd also tell his parents, his brother and sister and all our friends. But all that would be nothing compared to how much he would hate himself for being so weak. And there's no need for it, he can get all the sex he wants from me, and if I'm on my period or don't want full sex, I have never refused him a blow job, and he knows I never will. So why would he need his hand?

For starters, I find your black-and-white attitude to your relationship singularly pathological and uncaring. "He would be so dumped it isn't true", would he? Despite any and all redeeming features such as being a nice/sexy/interesting person in whom you've invested a good bit of time?

If you did tell his friends and family about him masturbating they would mark you down as certifiable. He would not be shamed one inch.

Weakness is not linked to masturbation. Nor is it linked to unmanliness. He is in fact weak if he's so in hock to the restrictive male gender role rather than expressing himself sexually.

Masturbation is unhealthy and a sign of insecurity if it is done too much. It is also unhealthy and a sign of insecurity if it is done too little.

I agree that there is no pressing need for masturbation in the presence of a willing partner. However it is restrictive that you essentially tell him all his sexual activity has to be with you. It bespeaks a need to control which is deeply ugly in a woman (or a man).

Sexual pleasure is not necessarily about maximising "productivity" of pleasure. It is closer to play or to an art form, where enjoyment generally comes from variation, trying new things, or the imposition of arbitrary rule frameworks.

You are currently doing the last one and it may be that he and you derive a certain pleasure from following these rules. But please put it in context rather than moralising or thinking it's in some way superior. Just as art is never superior to other art, so no one method of sexual expression (or non-expression) is superior to another.

Latest

Trending

Trending