The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They shouldn't blacklist you. They'll understand that people can change their mind, or have unforessen circumstances that lead to a change of plan. As long as you do something good with your gap year, and try not to leave things too late then it should be fine! It might be worth emailing the admissions tutor if you do withdraw and then decide to apply again, as then you can explain your reasons for doing so.
Reply 2
Juno
They shouldn't blacklist you. They'll understand that people can change their mind, or have unforessen circumstances that lead to a change of plan. As long as you do something good with your gap year, and try not to leave things too late then it should be fine! It might be worth emailing the admissions tutor if you do withdraw and then decide to apply again, as then you can explain your reasons for doing so.

Ditto.

You can withdraw from the entire UCAS process and take a gap year, or write to Durham to release you (if you've passed 14 days) so you can apply for another place through UCAS Extra/Clearing.

But they won't blacklist you. It's their loss if they do.
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure withdrawing wouldn't penalise you, even if you do it after results. I withdrew after results last year (not because of the results -I made my offer, and had decided to withdraw a while before but my head of sixth form advised me to wait in case I changed my mind... -even though I knew I wouldn't!) Anyway, two of the unis I applied to this year I had also applied to last year (though for a different course) and I got offers from both. They would have known that I had applied last year because my old ucas number had to go on my form (plus I mentioned it in my new ps). If they wanted they could even have read my old personal statement i think, but they probably won't have bothered. Anyway, to me that suggests that those unis didn't put a 'black mark' by me! Good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending