The Student Room Group

is it worth getting hurt?

im in my third year of university and one of my best guy friends is at the same school as me in his fourth year. i have fallen hard for him and he has fallen for me. we act like bf/gf, hang out all the time, have slept together but we don't have the official title. this is because in four months he will be graduating and going to dental school on the other side of the country, and we are both originally from different provinces. so we both agree that we don't really know how a relationship would really work out since we would never really see each other again. i really enjoy spending time with him and we care about each other a lot. i know we will always be friends for the rest of our lives and always keep in touch however I'm not sure if we should continue sleeping together and hanging out so much. I'm worried that come april my heart will be broken and i just don't know how i am going to deal with losing him. :frown: any advice would help. thanks.
Reply 1
Long distance relationship may be possible, if you both really like eachother and have the time and commitment.

But in one sense, you are right to ask whether you should distant yourself from him, as your feelings may only get stronger if you continue the way you have been going.

Only you and him will know whether it's something strong enough to maintain
Original post by Dancingaround52
im in my third year of university and one of my best guy friends is at the same school as me in his fourth year. i have fallen hard for him and he has fallen for me. we act like bf/gf, hang out all the time, have slept together but we don't have the official title. this is because in four months he will be graduating and going to dental school on the other side of the country, and we are both originally from different provinces. so we both agree that we don't really know how a relationship would really work out since we would never really see each other again. i really enjoy spending time with him and we care about each other a lot. i know we will always be friends for the rest of our lives and always keep in touch however I'm not sure if we should continue sleeping together and hanging out so much. I'm worried that come april my heart will be broken and i just don't know how i am going to deal with losing him. :frown: any advice would help. thanks.

Well seems to be you have developed feelings for him which is normal when you spend a lot of time together, maybe it is worth asking him again if he wants an official relationship otherwise maybe it is best to stop sleeping with him otherwise you will get more hurt.
ahh you could be heartbroken now or you could be heartbroken in 4 months. might as well just enjoy it while it lasts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending