The Student Room Group

Hi everyone!! Anyone going to Writtle College?

Just signed up to this, thought it might be a good idea to see if anyone's going to Writtle? I've had a conditional offer and it's looking likely ill be going! Studying Animal management :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!! I'm going to Writtle next September and studying Animal Management!!! I'm doing the foundation degree but apparently we share a lot of lessons. Are you staying in Halls for the first year?? :smile:
Reply 2
Oh cool!!! :smile: Yeah I will be, are you? Are you going to any of the open days? :smile:
Reply 3
:smile: It's lovely meeting someone going there!! I actually applied last year (I deferred my place)and went to the open day last March. It's such a nice place and the teachers seemed great. I'm a mature student (big boooo :frown: ) I turn 24 in August so I'm hoping to maybe get a room in Maddison or Hamilton. What about you??
Reply 4
I didn't think I'd get a reply on this thread at all!! Glad I have!! I'm really nervous about starting, I bet I'm not the only one though!! I'm going to the open day in March :smile: Well ill be twenty when I start!
Reply 5
I'm really nervous too!! You'll have to tell me what you think about it after the open day, but I'm sure you'll like it :smile: Where are you from??
Hopefully someone else will see this thread. There has to be more of us!!
Reply 6
Glad it's not just me then!! I'm looking forward to seeing the campus. I couldn't make the open day during the day though so someone is meeting me late afternoon to show me around, really nice of them!! I'm from St. Helens (near Liverpool) well I live there, I'm originally from Essex but lived here around nine years now. Don't like it at all so can't wait to be back in Essex! Where are you from? Yeah, there has to be more...come on guys! Lol! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hey guys. I wouldn't worry about being older. There is a massive mix of ages on campus. I am currently the president of the students union. I am 25 but I will have finished by the time you guys start.

I live in general population so to speak and I love it. If you guys have any questions I am happy to answer them as best I can.

Freddy

This was posted
Writtles awesome, you'll love it! Everyone's so friendly, I've made so many friends :smile: I'm a first year equine student currently living in Hamilton, (its the best halls!! :smile:) Hope you like it when you visit, feel free to ask me questions too :smile:
Reply 9
Hi :smile:
Im going to be doing the equine sports therapy degree & will be staying in tabor hall. I'm super excited!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
Hi there I'm 22 and joining Writtle in September to-do Animal Studies as a Mature student. Been working for 4 years and never knew what I wanted to do since I've left college. But I know now what I wanna do .... so excited!!
Reply 11
I started at writtle when I was 22. I love it here. You will fit in just fine. Saying that, I have three weeks left and I can't wait to leave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Im just waiting to apply to Equine studies and business management through Extra, decided I mays well do a course about something I love! If I get accepted here then I'll be nearly 21... any one recommend which halls to apply for or anyone applied for the same course:smile:?
Reply 13
Original post by scrane02
Hi there I'm 22 and joining Writtle in September to-do Animal Studies as a Mature student. Been working for 4 years and never knew what I wanted to do since I've left college. But I know now what I wanna do .... so excited!!

I know the feeling! I've been working for 6 years because I never really knew what I wanted to do after sixth form but now I've found this!! :smile: Are you staying in halls? I've heard that there are quite a lot of mature students so that's good!
Reply 14
Original post by Hannita
I know the feeling! I've been working for 6 years because I never really knew what I wanted to do after sixth form but now I've found this!! :smile: Are you staying in halls? I've heard that there are quite a lot of mature students so that's good!

Hiya, i'm not staying in Halls as I live local and can drive. So still staying at home. I didn't see the point to rack up all that debt if I only live like 10 miles away.
Reply 15
Original post by magiemix
Im just waiting to apply to Equine studies and business management through Extra, decided I mays well do a course about something I love! If I get accepted here then I'll be nearly 21... any one recommend which halls to apply for or anyone applied for the same course:smile:?

I've been given a room in Hamilton and I think it's the newest so probably the nicest. On the website there's a bit called 'Halls at a glance' which gives you a nice overview of all the halls. Good luck with your application! :smile:
Reply 16
Hi guys! I'm going to writtle in September, starting as a second year student after transferring. I'm going to be studying agriculture and staying in tabor halls. So glad I found this discussion it's scary stuff!! :wink:
Reply 17
Original post by Hannita
I've been given a room in Hamilton and I think it's the newest so probably the nicest. On the website there's a bit called 'Halls at a glance' which gives you a nice overview of all the halls. Good luck with your application! :smile:

Hamilton are the nicest halls although the rooms arent massive compared to some of the others. Tabor is nice enough but I always think it looks a bit like a London council estate for the communal stairways etc!! Avoid ground floor of strutt as its grim!

Side note: always avoid the chicken at the Writz (the place you eat) as its given numerous people food poisoning. Youd think theyd learn but... ,)
Original post by Paris-Rae
Hi guys! I'm going to writtle in September, starting as a second year student after transferring. I'm going to be studying agriculture and staying in tabor halls. So glad I found this discussion it's scary stuff!! :wink:

Hi I'm going to writtle college this September to study Horticulture. It's awesome that you're doing argriculture. I did think about it but I love the ornamental side of plants as well. What course are you transferring from?:smile:
Hi everyone. :smile: I'm starting the Horticulture degree this september. I would love to get to know some people who are going this year as well. Pretty scary not knowing anyone! Can't wait to make some new friends who like land-based stuff! It's hard to find where I currently live. Looking forward to moving! Feel free to send me a message, I want to get to know everyone. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending