The Student Room Group

Valentines day?

Also known as my birthday...

Anyway I just started going out with this guy and so I'm a bit stuck for valentines day because I am awful at shopping for guys and I haven't known him as long as I knew my ex when I bought him something. He's 19, so a little bit older than me (17) but I'm seriously stuck..

Guys what would you consider a good present? I don't want to go all cheesy this early into the relationship haha
Reply 1
A gift voucher.
Reply 2
Ooooh where to... might have to find out a bit more about his shopping then haha.
Reply 3
Original post by Ghostly.

Anyway I just started going out with this guy and so I'm a bit stuck for valentines day because I am awful at shopping for guys and I haven't known him as long as I knew my ex when I bought him something. He's 19, so a little bit older than me (17) but I'm seriously stuck..

Guys what would you consider a good present? I don't want to go all cheesy this early into the relationship haha

I don't see valentines day presents as important as birthday/christmas presents really. I normally just give my boyfriend the bog standard valentines gift, card and chocolates and maybe a silly teddy and he gets me chocolate and flowers etc. So i wouldn't stress yourself out about it :smile:
Original post by katyness
A gift voucher.

I don't understand gift vouchers, isn't it basically taking some money and making it so you can only spend it in one place, and putting a time limit on when you can spend it?
Cheese?
Reply 6
A CD? Or DVD? Perhaps a hoody? Aswell as some chocs and a teddy.
Reply 7
Original post by Livingstone
I don't understand gift vouchers, isn't it basically taking some money and making it so you can only spend it in one place, and putting a time limit on when you can spend it?

i think it's just to show that you've made an effort to go into the store and get a gift card rather than taking money out of your wallet and throwing it at them, i know it's not logical :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Ghostly.

Are you sleeping together? If so get your self some nice lingerie and treat him that way, fairly sure he wont complain and you get to keep the gift your self. Win, win.
Reply 9
Original post by deedee123
i think it's just to show that you've made an effort to go into the store and get a gift card rather than taking money out of your wallet and throwing it at them, i know it's not logical :tongue:

"Made an effort"? I think gift vouchers are one of the laziest things you can get someone. I would only get them for someone I didn't know that well. Like it's nice to get them off distant relatives who don't really know you that well, but don't want to just give you money, but I think it's pretty lazy from a partner.

The only time I would ever find it kind of acceptable is if the voucher was really personal to one of their favourite shops. And I don't mean like Topshop, I mean something really personal to them, you can give a Topshop voucher to pretty much anybody. For example, my ex really liked his Fossil jewelry, so a voucher for that would be kind of acceptable. Although to be honest, I just bought him actually presents from there, never vouchers. I just think vouchers are pretty impersonal in general.
Maybe make a handmade card?
Original post by Linnerzx
"Made an effort"? I think gift vouchers are one of the laziest things you can get someone. I would only get them for someone I didn't know that well. Like it's nice to get them off distant relatives who don't really know you that well, but don't want to just give you money, but I think it's pretty lazy from a partner.

The only time I would ever find it kind of acceptable is if the voucher was really personal to one of their favourite shops. And I don't mean like Topshop, I mean something really personal to them, you can give a Topshop voucher to pretty much anybody. For example, my ex really liked his Fossil jewelry, so a voucher for that would be kind of acceptable. Although to be honest, I just bought him actually presents from there, never vouchers. I just think vouchers are pretty impersonal in general.

probably the laziest thing you could get someone after just handing them a tenner :tongue: I think it's ok to give money to someone if you don't expect anything back, for example a child, but it's completely pointless handing someone over a tenner then getting a tenner back from them :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending