The Student Room Group
Reply 1
apparently a titration / mass loss is likely as that was in the plan.... but mass loss was last year. my bets are titration.
Reply 2
lol well...Our department hinted at some sort of enthlapy.
i fin its gunna be titration cos it has to be related to the planning and that had titration on it n also last yr it was to do wiv mass loss so this yr shud be titration.
Reply 4
lol its going to be an enthalpy!
Reply 5
do you know that for certain vazzy? what makes you say its enthalpy and do you know anything else?

do you mean like an exothermic reaction and you have to see how much 100cm3 of water in a beaker heats up and you calculate mc delta T etc?
thats all i can think of for an enthalpy experiment!?
Reply 6
greengrass
do you know that for certain vazzy? what makes you say its enthalpy and do you know anything else?

do you mean like an exothermic reaction and you have to see how much 100cm3 of water in a beaker heats up and you calculate mc delta T etc?
thats all i can think of for an enthalpy experiment!?

FOR DEFF AN ENTHALPY EXPERIMENT!!! my teacher has ONLY hinted and revised enthalpy.. and when i asked her whether it was she gave me the "wink" lol
Reply 7
yay! now where do i start for revision... ?
WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it has to relate to the plannin!! and there was no enthalpy in that!!!!! also my teach hinted toward titration
Reply 9
maybe we will have to find the enthalpy change of something involving sodium carbonate?
but They Did Enthalpy Last Year? They Wnt Av A Experiment For Two Yrs. I Think Its Gunna Be Titration. Dissolvein The Sodium Carbonate
they also had a titration in january
Reply 12
brokenwing, either you're using the teacher statement to persuade us or your teacher has it out for you...

Its an enthalpy.
i wud not lie. ma teach sed dat. im not dat kinda person to fool ppl. but this time last yr evri1. and i mean evri1 on ere was convinced it was titration n it wernt it was weight loss. im stickin to this. same time tomoz we will talk agen to c who was rite. im confident wiv both practs eniway
was an enthalpy :wink:
Reply 15
greengrass
was an enthalpy :wink:

yh and i wasnt surprised! it was quiet easier than i thought it would be... :smile:
Reply 16
apparently, it turns out that the examiners have a limited choice to test us on for as level... in fact they can only ask to carry out three types of experiment...
1. heating a sample in crucible and calculating the Ar
2. titration
3. enthalpy change
theres also identifying ions and what stuff is.

i SAID if it had to be an enthalpy and it had to be related to the planning it'd be an enthalpy involving sodium carbonate :wink:

Latest