The Student Room Group

Shy guys - would / how would you like a girl to say she likes you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jreid1994
No it wouldn't, that makes it look like friendship
OP, hang around with him for a few days, see if his character suits you, and then ask him out and just be a little straightforward about it :smile: and don't make it a game or it might become stagnant between both of you.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well a girl did this to me and I got the signals loud a clear. I guess it depends exactly how they talk and act around you.
Original post by rjm101
Well a girl did this to me and I got the signals loud a clear. I guess it depends exactly how they talk and act around you.

Yeah, but some guys aren't that good at picking up signals :/ but if she makes it somewhat obvious, I'm guessing he'd see it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by rjm101

But surely loud and clear is subjective? We already have a really silly, playful kind of friendship - we constantly make dirty jokes about each other and we tickle fight and stuff, so I sort of feel like all the obvious indications are already part of our friendship. :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous

But surely loud and clear is subjective? We already have a really silly, playful kind of friendship - we constantly make dirty jokes about each other and we tickle fight and stuff, so I sort of feel like all the obvious indications are already part of our friendship. :s-smilie:

Why not just ask him out just say to him you like him, and would like to go on a date with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Why not just ask him out just say to him you like him, and would like to go on a date with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still thinking about it. But the question was whether or not a shy guy would be put off by something like that, especially if they were already friends with the girl, and so on. I'm not unhappy with our friendship as it is at the moment, but if I were to go for something more, what would be the best way to go about it? I.e., straight up asking him out, or being more subtle about it? I was thinking if there were any shy guys on here who could tell me a bit about how they'd like to be approached, that'd be good.

So, thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind. :smile:
Build an atmosphere whereby it seems somewhat more dateylike than friendshippy (meeting up one-on-one, park walks etc...)

If he doesn't get the message, but you think he likes you, just kiss him, or tell him that you (really) like him.
As a shy guy myself, just tell me as I'm shy about talking to girls but if they start talking to me I'm fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still thinking about it. But the question was whether or not a shy guy would be put off by something like that, especially if they were already friends with the girl, and so on. I'm not unhappy with our friendship as it is at the moment, but if I were to go for something more, what would be the best way to go about it? I.e., straight up asking him out, or being more subtle about it? I was thinking if there were any shy guys on here who could tell me a bit about how they'd like to be approached, that'd be good.

So, thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind. :smile:

Are you close friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Journeyzap
Build an atmosphere whereby it seems somewhat more dateylike than friendshippy (meeting up one-on-one, park walks etc...)

If he doesn't get the message, but you think he likes you, just kiss him, or tell him that you (really) like him.

This one is the best answer by far OP. And ask his friends what he thinks of you aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
please straight forward as possible, no subtle hints or looks or those little smiles, just tell it in plain simple English, in fact just a letter of confirmation would be nice too. lolll
Reply 30
Are you close friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sort of. We rarely hang out just us, we're more likely to be with a group of mates, but we're getting a lot closer in the past couple of weeks and tend to behave in a really silly, cheeky way around each other. It's playful and some people commented in a suggestive way about us, so sort of.
This one is the best answer by far OP. And ask his friends what he thinks of you aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay thanks! :smile:

I will add that I have done that - and it worked!
So I sort of like this guy. I haven't decided if I want to do anything about it yet because it's still early days, but I do tend to go for nerds so I figure I can keep any good advice in mind for the future, haha. :tongue:

I don't know if he likes me, but I do know that he is really shy around girls and that if he did like me, he might not do anything about it.

So, shy guys:
If a girl liked you, would you like her to let you know? And how?
Would you rather she just come out and said it, or that she be more subtle so that you can still officially make the first move? And would sort of thing would you say is subtle, but still effective?

Cheers.

Does your name start with the letter L?
Sort of. We rarely hang out just us, we're more likely to be with a group of mates, but we're getting a lot closer in the past couple of weeks and tend to behave in a really silly, cheeky way around each other. It's playful and some people commented in a suggestive way about us, so sort of.

One move that's always worked for me is putting my head on his shoulder, when we're alone and sitting beside each other. This then puts the onus on him - if he doesn't react favourably you can put it down to tiredness, but it makes it so much easier for him to make a move then. Try hanging out together, just the two of you, and casually flirt, maybe a few subtle compliments.
I can sympathise though, shy guys are my type, but most of the guys I end up with are extroverts because I'm rather awkward and don't want to multiply the awkwardness :P
Reply 34
Original post by LaserBeamedOrgs
Does your name start with the letter L?

Nope. Sorry.
In chess its always best to attack the queen, if u have chance, and then take it when u can.. all the rest is blah blah... I mean i think its best to speak out what u want from the guy !!!
Reply 36
Original post by Sweet-Caroline
One move that's always worked for me is putting my head on his shoulder, when we're alone and sitting beside each other. This then puts the onus on him - if he doesn't react favourably you can put it down to tiredness, but it makes it so much easier for him to make a move then. Try hanging out together, just the two of you, and casually flirt, maybe a few subtle compliments.
I can sympathise though, shy guys are my type, but most of the guys I end up with are extroverts because I'm rather awkward and don't want to multiply the awkwardness :P

Tell me about it! This is precisely my problem. I've done that a couple of times because I've been to his flat and watched films with him and his flatmates, but his flatmates are always there. They're my friends too and I go round to see all of them, so it's no big deal, but it means there's not really space for move making. But every time I've just leaned against him, I've said "I'm gonna lean on you, you don't have a choice" in a jokey way, and he always puts his arm round me and hugs me, which is kinda lovely. :colondollar:

It's the hanging out together that is the issue, really, because we're in one big group of friends who all like the same sort of thing and most of us are on the same course, so there's really no excuse for inviting just him without the others without it blatantly being to get him alone.
Tell me about it! This is precisely my problem. I've done that a couple of times because I've been to his flat and watched films with him and his flatmates, but his flatmates are always there. They're my friends too and I go round to see all of them, so it's no big deal, but it means there's not really space for move making. But every time I've just leaned against him, I've said "I'm gonna lean on you, you don't have a choice" in a jokey way, and he always puts his arm round me and hugs me, which is kinda lovely. :colondollar:

It's the hanging out together that is the issue, really, because we're in one big group of friends who all like the same sort of thing and most of us are on the same course, so there's really no excuse for inviting just him without the others without it blatantly being to get him alone.

Just send him signals that make it a bit more apparent, if he isn't getting it then ask him out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38

Then yes you have made it harder on yourself. I'm not like this with any girl but I guess it comes down to personality. You are probably going to have to actually tell him that you like him more than a friend.
Just put it out there. Don't confess your undying love or anything, just tell them you like them. Although I don't tend to do this, it's very difficult to tell if the man is just shy or if he is shy and uninterested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending