The Student Room Group

Why is Britain such a racist country?

It seems that the British in general much prefer the Polish to other non-white immigrants simply because of their white skin colour.

You often hear British people gushing about the Poles and saying how well they integrate and what hard workers they are.

I think British people like them simply because of their skin colour. They hate non-Europeans immigrants, however, because they're racist against anyone with a different skin colour.

The Polish in my view don't integrate to any greater extent than any other non-white immigrant group, so consequently the fact they are evidently more popular amongst the British people must ultimately be down to racism and their skin colour.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you think Polish people are welcomed you clearly haven't been to my town, the amount of racism shown towards them is sickening.
I prefer Poles, they are sexy, sophisticated people. We don't see "Polish Patrol" videos on YouTube with them harassing gay people and women. Haven't seen any Poles blow themselves up on the underground etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Swanbow
If you think Polish people are welcomed you clearly haven't been to my town, the amount of racism shown towards them is sickening.

Exactly this. In my area, there is a considerable number of Polish immigrants who face abysmal racism - kids shouting at them in the street, vandalism of Polish shops etc. Horrible.

I'd say the problem isn't to do with skin colour, it's a result of scaremongering and mindless immigrant-hating thanks to the Daily Mail.
Original post by TobaccoSmoke
It seems that the British in general much prefer the Polish to other non-white immigrants simply because of their white skin colour.

You often hear British people gushing about the Poles and saying how well they integrate and what hard workers they are.

Well they do. The Polish community in Swindon is no longer distinguishable from native English now. I guess the same is sometimes true of other 'races'.
Reply 5
Original post by Snagprophet
The Polish community in Swindon is no longer distinguishable from native English now.

That may be true, but there is still an issue with brining in labour when we have a section of our own population on benefits. So while Polish people are white European it doesn't make unlimited immigration from Poland OK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's news to me - where I live, Poles are not liked at all. Having said that though, I do think more non-white immigrants tend to have problems integrating. By all means, don't forget your own culture, but don't blatantly refuse to assimilate either.
No it's not that racist. It's better than countries like France, America, etc. Britain is far more excepting and tolerant, which is why I love Britain
Reply 8
boring OP is boring.
Reply 9
i'd say japans worse, but then again, ho knows
Reply 10
Original post by AvocatInTraining
No it's not that racist. It's better than countries like France, America, etc. Britain is far more excepting and tolerant, which is why I love Britain

That is about to change. In fact, it has been changing for a long time now. With the right propaganda and the right support from the majority a holocaust, a war against ethnic minority, a war against a race, in favour of a race, is still possible even today.
Reply 11
Original post by TobaccoSmoke

I think British people like them simply because of their skin colour. They hate non-Europeans immigrants, however, because they're racist against anyone with a different skin colour.

The Polish in my view don't integrate to any greater extent than any other non-white immigrant group, so consequently the fact they are evidently more popular amongst the British people must ultimately be down to racism and their skin colour.

Indians and Chinese also do not cause much of a problem.
We are relatively bad for racism but theres nations far worse than us for it :frown: either way its not good.
There are no racist countries, only racist people. The country is not conscious.
Reply 14
didn't the OP start a thread just like this one not so long ago?
Original post by MostUncivilised
I prefer Poles, they are sexy, sophisticated people. We don't see "Polish Patrol" videos on YouTube with them harassing gay people and women. Haven't seen any Poles blow themselves up on the underground etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Generalise more, please
Compared to other countries in Europe, the racism in Britain is strictly small-scale. If you go to France, Italy, Russia or Ukraine there you will see embedded racism. Britain is one of the most tolerant countries in the world.
Original post by MostUncivilised

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol sweeping generalisation much? A Polish woman once spat at one of my friends and a Muslim man I know raised loads of money for a local charity. These examples, just like yours, are isolated incidents that you cannot judge an entire culture or race on.
Original post by tengentoppa
These examples, just like yours, are isolated incidents that you cannot judge an entire culture or race on.

Islam's campaign of misogynistic practices, bombings and homophobic attacks is appalling and people need to have the guts to stand up and say enough is enough. Islam, if practiced according to what its holy texts command, is incompatible with British values.
Reply 19
People who claim that "Britain is the most racist country" or "Why is Britain so racist?" should have their nuts or vaginas kicked in by men on steroids with over-designed football boots... just so they can re-evaluate what they have just said. That claim is hyperbole.

Yes, we have racist people. But compare to the east, especially with laws regarding the nationality of mixed-race people and ethnic minorities' rights pales to the indigenous/majority inhabitants, we are seen as tolerant to an absurd degree.

Latest

Trending

Trending