The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CamKnows
I thought lying was haram? or has the Koran been updated?

Read post 62 you dolt.
Reply 81
Original post by Phantom Lord
Did you even read what I said? I purposely said from any Muslim country. That 12.5% includes many born here.
Here you go:

Spoiler

Zero % chance that is accurate.

I have never even met a Viet/Chinese immigrant, let alone so many that they could be mass producing criminals.
Original post by CamKnows
Zero % chance that is accurate.

I have never even met a Viet/Chinese immigrant, let alone so many that they could be mass producing criminals.

I'm guessing this is why Vietnam is so high
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/sep/11/ukcrime.drugsandalcohol
Reply 83
Most humbly, and with the utmost humility I must portray my view upon all who are listening in the small confines of this channel.

As both an Englishman born and bread, but also sharing irish herit
Reply 84
Original post by Swanbow
If you think Polish people are welcomed you clearly haven't been to my town, the amount of racism shown towards them is sickening.

What town is that?

i assume it's not Streatham!
Reply 85
Original post by TobaccoSmoke
It seems that the British in general much prefer the Polish to other non-white immigrants simply because of their white skin colour.

You often hear British people gushing about the Poles and saying how well they integrate and what hard workers they are.

I think British people like them simply because of their skin colour. They hate non-Europeans immigrants, however, because they're racist against anyone with a different skin colour.

The Polish in my view don't integrate to any greater extent than any other non-white immigrant group, so consequently the fact they are evidently more popular amongst the British people must ultimately be down to racism and their skin colour.

Hmm it's because of the EU
It's because the English think they're better than the rest of the world. Sorry, but it's true.
Reply 87
Does Britain contain racists? Yes. Are most British people racist? No. Is a significant subsection of British society racist? Maybe - it depends on how much is 'significant'.
Original post by miser
Does Britain contain racists? Yes. Are most British people racist? No. Is a significant subsection of British society racist? Maybe - it depends on how much is 'significant'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The country is so diverse...yet they have racism. You'd think it would be more peaceful.
Reply 89
Most humbly, and with the utmost humility I must portray my view upon all who are listening in the small confines of this channel.

As both an Englishman born and bread, but also sharing loyal Irish heritage, I feel I must contest this **** field of bull**** allegiance, some honorable and truthful, others whimsical and meaningless.

We, fellow people, are blessed to be born of an age that has endured such madness and evil, so that we can enjoy an environment that allows us to express, ally, and form alternative social and political formula for the betterment of mankind, peace and ultimately happiness within a world yet to be truly understood by mankind. A truly scary, brutal and relentless world which we are so brutally thrown into, a world we all have an equal and just stake within.

I find myself in a position of fortune, a position that affords me a true insight into the lives and worlds of many branches of British society.

All I see, is want. Want, need, and desire for acceptance. You, dear friend, all of you, can provide this acceptance. Through which, a seemingly worthless act can change a world.

Although we all may believe whatever we as people choose to believe, a salient point remains, be true to yourself, and treat those you encounter with the same respect and kindness that you to would expect yourself. Take a chance, manners and kindness are free, but mean more than any one man can comprehend.
Reply 90
Original post by staceykimb
Posted from TSR Mobile

The country is so diverse...yet they have racism. You'd think it would be more peaceful.

There's not a country in the world where racism doesn't exist. However, I do think that we in the UK are on the more tolerant side of racism, much better than countries like America or South Africa or even France.
Reply 91
Posted from TSR Mobile

Rapid diversification can lead to racism. I don't think it is in any way systemic to diverse populations, rather that when a person grows up in a certain environment and reaches adulthood in a markedly different environment, that new environment can be blamed for the problems extant in society at that time.
Reply 92
It's because the English think they're better than the rest of the world. Sorry, but it's true.

Elaborate?
Try fitting in in a Muslim country as a non-Muslim. See how that goes and then come back and call Britain racist.
Reply 94
Original post by miser
Rapid diversification can lead to racism. I don't think it is in any way systemic to diverse populations, rather that when a person grows up in a certain environment and reaches adulthood in a markedly different environment, that new environment can be blamed for the problems extant in society at that time.

Most honorably agree good sir, Racism is born through ill feeling, an overwhelming desire, rightly or wrongly, to blame another party for their local misgivings.

First and foremost, as any member of any designed and constructed capatilist society will agree, the desire to maintain ones own concerns, be they monetary or socially constructed, are paramount.

We, as members of club Britain, find ourselves in what many highly educated members of society would say, equates to something of an experiment. Britain has and is, portraying itself as a kind of high quality safe haven, a means for the wealthy elite, worldwide, to harbor and make safe their fortunes, legal or not, in what the world sees as a safe, deep rooted society with much heritage and hundreds of years worth of experience.

Britain, dear fellows, has relied on hard working, loyal and like minded migrants, bravely uprooting themselves and contributing, blood and tears, to our proud and dignified islands.

We surely, as species and inhabitants of these hallowed isles, have had our fill of blood, vengeance and misplaced anarchic allegiance?

I have seen, brothers, those who lived within the era of the IRA, the eternal remorse, those who needlessly, and mistakenly killed children, those who took one man for another only not to be filled with expected pride and loyalty to his cause, but the depths of terror and anguish. Proud, strong men, on all sides brought to their needs, begging time and all that is good in this world to absolve them.

But it never happens.

These misled patriots and soldiers of misguided and narrow minded causes, isms, and extremism's are condemned to a life of eternal horror, doubt and confusion. Those that die for their cause are spared the psychological torment, but those of their kin bear the brunt, a legacy of death. Not honour.

Humility, honour, pride. Bloodshed has no part in these.
Racism is boring

Posted from TSR Mobile e
Reply 96
Original post by RemiMarcelle
Racism is boring

Posted from TSR Mobile e

Here here, good man
Reply 97
Original post by RemiMarcelle
Racism is boring

Posted from TSR Mobile e

You are also incredibly beautiful
Reply 98
Original post by venenecinema
Try fitting in in a Muslim country as a non-Muslim. See how that goes and then come back and call Britain racist.

Have done so, Oman, Bahrain 3 or 4 years back. The world is what you make it my friend, talk to those you encounter with the same respect you would expect, the world is a brighter place.

I'm not proposing the fact that I have never encountered an *******, but they exist in each and every society man has constructed, irregardless of religion or any other such holy order.

*******s are mans creation, and mans duty to ignore
Reply 99
Original post by venenecinema

In fact, I recall a very dear friend of mine hooking me up with While and McKaY whiskey, didnt touch the stuff himself, but risked his ass for me.

I believe that renders your point null dear fellow

Latest

Trending

Trending