The Student Room Group

Student loan help??

Hi I would like to know when the bet time to apply for a loan is if my course starts in September and what I should do about the loan if I don't get the grades and can't go to Uni?
You can't apply for student finance yet. Applications usually open late Feb / early March.

You don't get the loan unless you go to University - the University has to notify student finance that you're in attendance, so if you don't get the grades, you won't go to Uni, therefore, you won't get the money. :smile:
Reply 2
I didn't do anything when I decided not to return to uni. Uni didn't confirm my attendance; so the funds weren't released.
Reply 3
Original post by Knalchemist
You can't apply for student finance yet. Applications usually open late Feb / early March.

You don't get the loan unless you go to University - the University has to notify student finance that you're in attendance, so if you don't get the grades, you won't go to Uni, therefore, you won't get the money. :smile:

I had to ring the other day to get my reference number as I'd had funding with the Open University, and wanted to apply for my student loan for brick uni, I was told that the application cycle for 13/14 new students opens up today (1st feb). I can't get on the website to confirm, it seems to have crashed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending