The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths Design Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey,
on the interview, how much time do you actually talk about your works from a portfolio? Do you have enough time and are you supposed to describe every project from the portfolio or do they rather ask one, two short questions and you don't actually talk much about your pieces?
I'm an EU applicant and honestly kind of clueless what to expect on the interview ;P. Thanks for any help:smile:.
Reply 21
You don't talk about everything in your portfolio. They ask the obvious 'why do you want to go to goldsmiths' and might ask about something particular they like in your portfolio. It was my first interview and had no clue what to expect and it was quite chilled out so don't stress about it and enjoy the experience! Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Anna1308
Hey,
on the interview, how much time do you actually talk about your works from a portfolio? Do you have enough time and are you supposed to describe every project from the portfolio or do they rather ask one, two short questions and you don't actually talk much about your pieces?
I'm an EU applicant and honestly kind of clueless what to expect on the interview ;P. Thanks for any help:smile:.

Hi
Hope that it's not to late for writing you this.I already had an interview at Goldsmiths so I can tell what you should expect.I'm also an EU student, the interview was on Skype with Mr.Martin Conreen .He was very nice and friendly.The first question was " why Goldsmiths?"... After that he asked me what I read and who is my favourite designer...and to talk about some particular projects that I've made.You don't have to talk to much about your works...just try to explain the idea, the technique and what represents.The interview lasted 15 minutes and at final he urged whether I have any questions to ask.I thought it will be interesting to ask him more about the course ,if they have any graduates who work in the film industry (which I am interested in).I think they are looking for ambitious and curious people and from what I have heard it's nominated by its students as one of the most creative universities from UK.As Rachel said, be confident about your work, don't be nervous and everything is going to be fine.

Hope it helps.

P.S : Where are you from? :biggrin:

Reply 23
Original post by madl
Hi,

I'm in the same position as you.I'm also waiting for their answer,I don't know why is taking them so god damn long. Have you received an offer or still waiting for it? Oh,and sorry to ask but can you PM your portfolio link? I'm really curious about it. Thanks in advance!

I got my offer today, conditional on getting certain grades on the access course I'm studying. I haven't got my portfolio on Flickr, sorry.

I hope you get your offer soon!
Reply 24
Congrats! Is it your first choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by madl
Hi

P.S : Where are you from? :biggrin:

Hey, thanks a lot :smile:. It's not too late, I'm from Poland, and you?
Reply 26
Original post by S1an
I got my offer today, conditional on getting certain grades on the access course I'm studying. I haven't got my portfolio on Flickr, sorry.

I hope you get your offer soon!

Thanks for your answer and congrats on your offer!
Reply 27
Just seen this post, I got an offer from Goldsmiths a while back, so so happy!

I'm still waiting on other interviews but I'm 95% sure I'll be going to Goldsmiths, is anyone else definitely going to go? :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by CJFWatts

I'm still waiting on other interviews but I'm 95% sure I'll be going to Goldsmiths, is anyone else definitely going to go? :smile:

Hey I'm pretty much in the exact same position as you.. Waiting on another interview but like 80/90% sure ill be going to goldsmiths! :smile:
Reply 29

Hi! First of all, congrats on your offer!If I get an offer from them,I'm 100% sure that I am going to go!The course looks great, it seems that you have a lot of freedom to express yourself :biggrin:
Reply 30
Well at least there's a few of us! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Ahh its exciting! :smile:

I just want to know if I could get into anywhere else really, the temptation to just withdraw everything else and accept is strong though haha!
Reply 32
Oh I know right! I cancelled one of my interviews, have one more on Wednesday and then haven't heard back from my final choice but if I don't hear soon ill probably just cancel and accept goldsmiths! Exciting times! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Just accepted my offer! Now terrified and excited! Moving to London! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Just accepted my offer! Now terrified and excited! Moving to London! :biggrin:

I'm going to by the end of this week once I get round to it! Crazy times! Are you applying for halls? If so do you know which one? London's gonna be awesome! Do you live far from it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Ahhh how exciting :biggrin: And yepp definitely, I like the look of Loring Halls but I need to really look at all of them now I know I'm going! My condition is a pass at foundation which I'm pretty confident in so I'm happy haha!

I'm from Liverpool :smile: What about you?
Reply 36
Ahhh how exciting :biggrin: And yepp definitely, I like the look of Loring Halls but I need to really look at all of them now I know I'm going! My condition is a pass at foundation which I'm pretty confident in so I'm happy haha!

I'm from Liverpool :smile: What about you?

Yeah I think I'm going for loring hall as well but will have another look. My offer is also conditional on me passing my foundation which I think is fine! I'm from Reading so a bit more used to London and not too far from home! Quite a few of my friends are around London, at ucl or lcc so it will be nice to be able to see some of them more often! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by rachelmayes
Yeah I think I'm going for loring hall as well but will have another look. My offer is also conditional on me passing my foundation which I think is fine! I'm from Reading so a bit more used to London and not too far from home! Quite a few of my friends are around London, at ucl or lcc so it will be nice to be able to see some of them more often! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahh I love the sound of it :smile: Hope I get it. Yeahh I'm sure you'll do great :smile: Ohhh cool, I'm just diving in the deep end haha, pretty far away! I have a few around London but it'll be great to meet so many people! :smile:
Reply 38
Yeahh I love the sound of it :smile: Hope I get it. Yeahh I'm sure you'll do great :smile: Ohhh cool, I'm just diving in the deep end haha, pretty far away! I have a few around London but it'll be great to meet so many people! :smile:

Yeah I know and London is such a great place for design! Good luck for your foundation too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
I think I've decided to accept Goldsmiths as my firm, although the condition is quite high so i hope i achieve the grades! I've been living in London for 6 years but I'm planning on moving to Greenwich & to be settled in ready for the course to start- exciting times :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest