The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths Design Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by S1an
I think I've decided to accept Goldsmiths as my firm, although the condition is quite high so i hope i achieve the grades! I've been living in London for 6 years but I'm planning on moving to Greenwich & to be settled in ready for the course to start- exciting times :biggrin:

Awesome! What's your condition? Good luck I'm sure you'll ace it and hopefully will see you next year !! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
I got an acceptance from Goldsmiths a while ago but only just seen this post, defiantly thinking I am going to do design. Just wondering if anyone knows when we can apply for accommodation and where seems the best? I haven't looked around any of them... Stupidly.
Reply 42
Original post by saffyruss
I got an acceptance from Goldsmiths a while ago but only just seen this post, defiantly thinking I am going to do design. Just wondering if anyone knows when we can apply for accommodation and where seems the best? I haven't looked around any of them... Stupidly.

Haha neither! From what I saw on the accommodation page, they said info about 2013-14 will be updated some time this month but don't know any more than that. Personally I think I'm going to go for loring hall as I like the flat layout as opposed to a corridor layout. Other than that haven't really looked properly. We are stupid together! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by rachelmayes
Haha neither! From what I saw on the accommodation page, they said info about 2013-14 will be updated some time this month but don't know any more than that. Personally I think I'm going to go for loring hall as I like the flat layout as opposed to a corridor layout. Other than that haven't really looked properly. We are stupid together! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha fair enough! I was looking at Loring Hall too, seems the easiest! Thanks :smile:
Reply 44
Haha fair enough! I was looking at Loring Hall too, seems the easiest! Thanks :smile:

Congrats on getting the offer! See you next year then :smile:
I'm looking at Loring Hall too! Hope I get it like, and we can apply once we've firmed the offer from the 22nd April :smile:
Reply 45
Yeah I saw that! I firmed my offer 2 weeks ago and now waiting for accommodation to open!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by CJFWatts
Congrats on getting the offer! See you next year then :smile:
I'm looking at Loring Hall too! Hope I get it like, and we can apply once we've firmed the offer from the 22nd April :smile:

Thanks! Oh that's good! Can't wait get it all sorted out so I don't have to think about it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
hey! :smile:
I also got an offer from Goldsmiths for ba design but it's conditional and actually quite difficult... Since I haven't taken a foundation course and I'm going in straight from high school. I was wondering why you chose Goldsmiths? I got an offer from LCC as well for Graphic and Media Design and I've honestly heard horrible and fantastic things about both courses and both unis. Any advice?
Reply 48
Original post by amanda.
hey! :smile:
I also got an offer from Goldsmiths for ba design but it's conditional and actually quite difficult... Since I haven't taken a foundation course and I'm going in straight from high school. I was wondering why you chose Goldsmiths? I got an offer from LCC as well for Graphic and Media Design and I've honestly heard horrible and fantastic things about both courses and both unis. Any advice?

I'm on foundation at the moment doing graphics but I've been doing graphics since gcse. I think the course just appealed to me as it was so broad and open. There will be something's ill miss that I'd get on a graphics course but the positive outweigh the negative. My main issue with UAL places is lack of studio space or how often you see tutors. Goldsmiths just seemed a bit friendlier to me. I think the main think you want to ask yourself is what do you want to study. Every other course I applied for was graphics an while I know this isn't just graphics and is something ill have to get used to I like that challenge and I like experimenting with different media as well. While they might not have state of he art facilities at goldsmiths they do have the facilities to do almost anything. Congrats on the offer though! Hope my random comment helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by tdwcks
Hi guys,

I'm doing BA Design next year at Goldsmiths and this seems to be the place to say hello... Where's best to stay? I found a great jerk chicken place on my interview but that seems to be the extent of my research into the area! What do you guys love to make? Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Tom

Hi Tom! I'm not too familiar with new cross but I'm quite used to London as I live in Reading. Whereabouts are you coming from? I haven't looked around new cross much but I plan on exploring more in the summer! I come from a graphics background so I like how broad this course is! Are you doing foundation atm or a levels? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Hey Rachel! I'm an American who has been accepted to the Design program, and would maybe like to know some more about English culture and life :smile: You guys are welcome to ask me questions as well.
Reply 51
To all on this thread: group Skype maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
So this may sound like a silly question.. But does anyone know when the course actually starts? On Ucas it's says the 1st, but I think on the website it says the 23rd or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
So this may sound like a silly question.. But does anyone know when the course actually starts? On Ucas it's says the 1st, but I think on the website it says the 23rd or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've had this problem. I know it's definitely not September the 1st as the term dates on the website aren't until later in September. Other than that in not sure I'm afraid it's bugging me as well! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by rachelmayes
Yeah I've had this problem. I know it's definitely not September the 1st as the term dates on the website aren't until later in September. Other than that in not sure I'm afraid it's bugging me as well! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok cheers! I was wondering because my maintenance loan doesn't come in till the 23rd... And that would have been a pain!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Ah ok cheers! I was wondering because my maintenance loan doesn't come in till the 23rd... And that would have been a pain!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I read somewhere on my Student Finance stuff that we start the 23rd, and teaching starts the 30th? And move in date is the 21st! I think! All I do recently is just go on the Goldsmiths website haha :frown: And Rachel Skype sounds good :biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by CJFWatts
I think I read somewhere on my Student Finance stuff that we start the 23rd, and teaching starts the 30th? And move in date is the 21st! I think! All I do recently is just go on the Goldsmiths website haha :frown: And Rachel Skype sounds good :biggrin:

Ok thanks! And same with the Skype!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Halls are so expensive but at least they're en suite! Whereabouts are you guys moving from? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
aahhh yeah! I was also confused about the different starting dates but I'm guessing they want us to move in and get familiar with the area before we actually start taking classes...probably freshers events? Same about the Skype! :smile: i'm moving in from Madrid! What about all of you? Do you know what Halls you're applying for? I've heard a couple of them are usually reserved for postgrad students but I don't know which ones :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by amanda.
aahhh yeah! I was also confused about the different starting dates but I'm guessing they want us to move in and get familiar with the area before we actually start taking classes...probably freshers events? Same about the Skype! :smile: i'm moving in from Madrid! What about all of you? Do you know what Halls you're applying for? I've heard a couple of them are usually reserved for postgrad students but I don't know which ones :smile:

Oh wow awesome! Yeah you normally move in like a week or two before to get sorted and for freshers. As your an international student you might get into your halls even earlier. I'm from relatively nearby in Reading its about 30 minute train away from London. Me and Cassady (who is from american coming on this course) have both put loring hall as our first choice and chesterman house second. Feel free to add me on Facebook :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest