Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Information about Halls of Residence at Herts

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Pop_tart
You applied 10 days ago?! That's pretty late - these times are really busy, if you haven't heard anything by the 30st/31st I'd give them a ring to inquire about the status of your application.

It was only because I made a last minute decision to apply for halls. I emailed them about it and they said 'Your offer to study at the university is still conditional on you fulfilling certain criteria which is why you have not yet been offered a room' so now I am confused. I've been accepted onto the PGCE course so I don't understand what else they need?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by kiko182
It was only because I made a last minute decision to apply for halls. I emailed them about it and they said 'Your offer to study at the university is still conditional on you fulfilling certain criteria which is why you have not yet been offered a room' so now I am confused. I've been accepted onto the PGCE course so I don't understand what else they need?

you have a conditional offer which means you have been accepted under certain conditions. If you meet those conditions you'll be allowed in, if you don't meet the conditions you'll be declined. Accommodation offers are only processed if you hold an unconditional offer. As soon as you have met your initial conditional offer it will be turned into an unconditional one and THEN your accommodation application will be processed and you'll be offered a place on campus. Does that make sense? :smile:

If you think they made a mistake and you were actually offered a definite place (uncondictional offer) you have to contact the university to find out what happened. As soon as this is sorted out they will process everything.
Reply 362
Not sure if this has been asked already so I'm gonna ask here - I don't drive myself but my best mate does. I know the rules on how long people are allowed to stay in what time frame and that you have to sign visitors in but are they allowed to park the car on site during their visit? Thanks in advance.
Original post by theosben
Not sure if this has been asked already so I'm gonna ask here - I don't drive myself but my best mate does. I know the rules on how long people are allowed to stay in what time frame and that you have to sign visitors in but are they allowed to park the car on site during their visit? Thanks in advance.

Yes you will have to obtain a visitors permit in advance for them. You can get them from the accommodation office on either campus usually :smile:
Reply 364
Original post by Pop_tart
you have a conditional offer which means you have been accepted under certain conditions. If you meet those conditions you'll be allowed in, if you don't meet the conditions you'll be declined. Accommodation offers are only processed if you hold an unconditional offer. As soon as you have met your initial conditional offer it will be turned into an unconditional one and THEN your accommodation application will be processed and you'll be offered a place on campus. Does that make sense? :smile:

If you think they made a mistake and you were actually offered a definite place (uncondictional offer) you have to contact the university to find out what happened. As soon as this is sorted out they will process everything.

Thanks for that. I actually had an unconditional offer, but the uni didn't see this unfortunately :/ so its a good job I rang them to enquire, I should have got a room weeks ago! Had to send them my degree certificate and received an offer for a room in Shenley today. No idea if that will be with postgrads or what though!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 365
I've got a room in Telford....do you know which two flats are the three person ones?
hey could someone guide me in the right direction? I keep looking for accommodation on campus but i have no idea what to choose, I want a room with my own shower as I don't like sharing showers. Could someone help please

Quick Reply

Latest