The Student Room Group

Online dating help - GIRLS PLEASE

I have recently joined and met this girl on a dating site (watch out ladies) :colone: and over a period of a couple of days exchanged messages (about 10-15 messages back and forth). She rated me/my profile highly on the site, so when I had a look at her profile a day or two later and saw that not only was she gorgeous but we seemed to have loads in common such as background, education, location, music, film, and more; I decided to message her.

Things were going really well and we were talking in some depth about common interests so I decided to strike while the iron was hot (well, more luke warm seeing as though it had been just under a week and had got to know each others interests pretty well) and I asked if she fancied meeting up sometime next week when she’s free and since then nothing. Admittedly I don’t think she has been online since that night but I’m certain she has seen the message.

It’s only been two days however when the messages are going back and forth at a relatively steady rate over a couple of days and I drop in a possible meeting at the end of a message it leads me to think one thing. I think I’ll just keep patient, any other theories?
Reply 1
Seriously overthinking it!
Reply 2
Just be patient. If after like a week of sending the message and you still have no reply, maybe message her like 'Hey how are you? Sorry if it was a bit forward me asking you to meet up, it's cool if you just want to chat'.

I know it's not really that forward that you were asking her to meet up, but if you make it seem like it wasn't a big deal she will be more likely to keep talking to you (in my opinion).

I was probably one of the worst girls on a dating website, I was never sure if I ever wanted to meet up with anyone. I got on with a couple of people well through messages, but when they asked me to meet up I don't know why I just got a little weird and would go off them. I don't think dating sites were for me so I just left!
Reply 3
OP Here: Just thought I would update this, I guess I wasn't overthinking it as she never replied back. After a week I sent a message apologizing for being forward about possible meeting, and to see if she wanted to chat (^Good advice from above, by that I mean Linnerzx not God^) which was genuine as I thought she was really nice.

It's a little annoying seeing as we were getting on so well and that one little thing scared her off with no reply whatsoever. Also she hid me on the site (so I wouldn't appear on her match list and vice versa) before I sent the apology message but that's her prerogative and I haven't contacted her since. Rule #1 Online dating is a whole different ball game

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending