The Student Room Group

retaking gcse maths at the end of this month and i know NOTHING!! please help me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
but when i do will they be able to let me sit the exams at my own college so i can sit it as soon as i leave law. ive decided i cant do it at the end of this month.

I think you should do it in Feb/Mar and aim for a C. This will then give you the encouragement you need to push it up to a B in the summer. Otherwise, you will probably just end up in the same situation a month before the June exams with the added pressure of your A2s looming.
Original post by Mr M
I think you should do it in Feb/Mar and aim for a C. This will then give you the encouragement you need to push it up to a B in the summer. Otherwise, you will probably just end up in the same situation a month before the June exams with the added pressure of your A2s looming.

i have to pay alot each time i do the exams. ive decided to start revision for alevels aswell as gcse maths now for summer so i dont stress too much then. what do you think? plus ill have 4 months to revise so i can aim for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
i have to pay alot each time i do the exams. ive decided to start revision for alevels aswell as gcse maths now for summer so i dont stress too much then. what do you think? plus ill have 4 months to revise so i can aim for an A

You are being unrealistic. You got a D after 11 years of teaching and have presumably not studied any maths since so you will have forgotten an awful lot. What makes you think you will suddenly improve by 3 levels in a short period of time without any teacher input?
Original post by Mr M
You are being unrealistic. You got a D after 11 years of teaching and have presumably not studied any maths since so you will have forgotten an awful lot. What makes you think you will suddenly improve by 3 levels in a short period of time without any teacher input?

i know i can do it. and i got a D because there were other things going on at home. maths doesnt involve any cw like other subjects so couldnt really get any better. i reckon with 4 months of revision i can do it and get atleast a B or low A. you are so pessimistic

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
i know i can do it. and i got a D because there were other things going on at home. maths doesnt involve any cw like other subjects so couldnt really get any better. i reckon with 4 months of revision i can do it

Don't take this the wrong way but you seem really flaky as you switch between absolute despair and huge amounts of self-belief.

Ok take a deep breath and calm down. If you really are serious about this, you should work most evenings, each weekend and throughout half term and there is plenty of time to improve by one grade or two.

Private message me with your postal address and I will send you a MathsWatch CD. This contains videos of a teacher going through each Edexcel Higher topic grade by grade for you to watch and there are worksheets you can print out and try. You will need a Windows PC as it doesn't work on Apple products. You will need to put in a lot of work.
Original post by Mr M
Don't take this the wrong way but you seem really flaky as you switch between absolute despair and huge amounts of self-belief.

Ok take a deep breath and calm down. If you really are serious about this, you should work most evenings, each weekend and throughout half term and there is plenty of time to improve by one grade or two.

Private message me with your postal address and I will send you a MathsWatch CD. This contains videos of a teacher going through each Edexcel Higher topic grade by grade for you to watch and there are worksheets you can print out and try. You will need a Windows PC as it doesn't work on Apple products. You will need to put in a lot of work.

youre right, i will calm down and just work work work. so if i work everyday till june can i get an A? ill work my socks off. id really appreciate that but am i able to trust you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
youre right, i will calm down and just work work work. so if i work everyday till june can i get an A? ill work my socks off. id really appreciate that but am i able to trust you?

I'm encouraging you to stick with your existing Feb/Mar entry. There is a slight possibility I will murder you but, on the balance of probabilities, it is more likely that I will just pop a CD in the post.
Reply 27
i feel like withdrawing myself. i paid £90 for an exam im going to fail. theyll give me a refund

Posted from TSR Mobile[/
just revise and you'll be fine, get off TSR and start NOWW!!!
(this is quite hypocritical of me considering i should be doing the same thing... but GO... NOW, ull do fine)
Reply 28
You can't say for definite if you'll get an A through the amount of revision you do. If I were you, just suck up to whichever friend it is you have who's amazing at maths, and get them to help tutor you, or even someone you don't know as well so you don't get so distracted, and have them give you like mini tutorign things, can be really helpful going through it with someone else, and if they're doing A level maths then hopefully they should find GCSE maths easy enough to give you good quality help. Tis what i would do :smile:
Original post by Mr M
Edexcel Linear is examined in the summer as well.

You teach at Farlingaye? I think I know who you are..?
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
You teach at Farlingaye?

Nope.
Original post by Mr M
Nope.

Thought i had solved the mystery! Oh well..:frown:
Reply 32
Download mathscard GCSE app on your phone :smile:

Just revise and do loads of past papers and learn how to do the A* stuff as well, because that way you'll be able to pick up good marks as well as the easy stuff at the beginning. Talk to maths teachers and stuff too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending