The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Self-Catering Accomodation

Can anyone tell me any stuff about Raleigh Park, St Peters Court and Broadgate Park ??

Ive done a bit of research and as I will be on Jubilee Campus, i know RP and SPC are nearest but i have heard they arent the greatest of areas and a bit close to the 'bad' parts of Notts. If i went to BP, would I be able to get the Hopper bus?

Can anyone tell me ads/disads of these 3 places??

thanks in advance
Reply 1
Streetwize
Can anyone tell me any stuff about Raleigh Park, St Peters Court and Broadgate Park ??

Ive done a bit of research and as I will be on Jubilee Campus, i know RP and SPC are nearest but i have heard they arent the greatest of areas and a bit close to the 'bad' parts of Notts. If i went to BP, would I be able to get the Hopper bus?

thanks in advance

i've been to broadgate park as my brother was there........it wasn't very nice, and its quite far if u're gonna be at Jubilee campus. if i go to nottingham, i'll be on jubilee campus too and probs stay at the accom then although its catered for. my brother suggested raliegh park to me, he said they're quite nice! but i don't know much else apart from that. sorry
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
wonkey
i've been to broadgate park as my brother was there........it wasn't very nice, and its quite far if u're gonna be at Jubilee campus. if i go to nottingham, i'll be on jubilee campus too and probs stay at the accom then although its catered for. my brother suggested raliegh park to me, he said they're quite nice! but i don't know much else apart from that. sorry

I live on Broadgate Park at the moment - some of the flats are really nice, and the others aren't as good. If you go for a Standard Plus flat, you'll be sharing a bathroom and kitchen with four other people. Some standard flats have four other people, but some have six (although they do have an extra bathroom and an extra fridge/freezer).

Broadgate Park is in a safer area than Raleigh Park, but I don't know what the safety is like on Jubilee Campus itself. Raleigh Park accommodation is newer, but I haven't seen inside it so I can't really compare. It's more expensive than Broadgate though.

There is a Hopper bus stop at the West Entrance (which I can see from my kitchen window) so it wouldn't be too much of a problem going to Jubilee from here every day. Broadgate Park has the advantage of being in a town with a variety of supermarkets (Sainsbury's, Farmfoods, Kwiksave) but I'm not sure about how easy it is to buy food if you live on Raleigh Park.

Feel free to PM me if there's anything else you'd like to know. :smile:
Reply 3
cheers, thanks a lot

.NK, i just saw my PM inbox and saw a PM from you when i asked about how to get to notts from the station like 2 months ago !

sorry! you were so helpful and i didnt even see the PM! you must of thought im an ungrateful bastard, lol

thanks for the help, appreciate it
Reply 4
I lived on RP in my 2nd year - Area isn't brill, but I didn't have any problems. The RP site is very secure, with security gates needing card access, and there are 'bars' on the groundfloor windows.

PM or e-mail me if you want more info as I don't check the site much
Reply 5
cheers joy, appreciate that

i'll give you an email later today
Reply 6
Streetwize
cheers, thanks a lot

.NK, i just saw my PM inbox and saw a PM from you when i asked about how to get to notts from the station like 2 months ago !

sorry! you were so helpful and i didnt even see the PM! you must of thought im an ungrateful bastard, lol

thanks for the help, appreciate it

Lol, that's ok :smile:

Hope you actually got there in the end - it's really hard to try and explain it in words! When I came on my open day here, I got the train to Beeston station and then walked to the uni (it's a long way, but you only have to change directions at one junction!). Walking around with only several bits of A4 cellotaped together with random bits of Beeston printed on is not a lot of fun...!

If you live close to Notts and wanted another look round (whether you made it here or not last time!) feel free to PM/txt me and I'll be happy to show you round (including Broadgate Park etc). :smile:
Reply 7
.NK
Lol, that's ok :smile:

Hope you actually got there in the end - it's really hard to try and explain it in words! When I came on my open day here, I got the train to Beeston station and then walked to the uni (it's a long way, but you only have to change directions at one junction!). Walking around with only several bits of A4 cellotaped together with random bits of Beeston printed on is not a lot of fun...!

If you live close to Notts and wanted another look round (whether you made it here or not last time!) feel free to PM/txt me and I'll be happy to show you round (including Broadgate Park etc). :smile:

yeah i got there in the end, in a minicab, lol. my mate just said it was easier haha.

but yeah, i want to come up again so i can see everything again just to set my decision finally, i think one of my friends open days is in April, and if i come with him, i'll PM you and let you know

cheers again .NK, its v.much appreciated

people on here are so nice :smile:
Reply 8
Streetwize

thanks in advance

i lived in broadgate for 2 years of my uni . now im in catered food for my final year..i enjoyed it alot even thought u get grouped with random people and then u have to get along with them..the social level is not as good as the catered food halls , im in cavendish hall and its boomin..i love it except the foood ..raligh park is far from the main campus..i know some people livein there and if u got lectures at 9am like me ..its a mission gettin there ..since there is a hopper bus as well whcih is free but its still takes time...o well i would like to stay in broadgate again but i got kicked cause im a local..

Latest

Trending

Trending