The Student Room Group

Paying for A-levels/being too mature?

Hello,
I recently did a media course at level 3 and was btec. I did very well and got an equivalent of AAB from it. I went to uni to study however, I quit uni, it weren't for me and personally, a degree is worth nothing now... I am currently applying to apprenticeships in business and administration but am now pondering at the fact I perhaps should go and do A-levels again in business, IT and History so have more choice and variation of different a levels, plus I always enjoyed history and IT alot.. I am guessing I would have to pay for this since I have currently done a level 3 course and not only that, I'm 19 years old.. I'm thinking of perhaps going into sixth form and joining my old school.. It worries me that perhaps I will be the oldest student there, however, I don't particular wanna go back to college.. Anyone else applied for college or sixth form and thought they was a bit old or 'mature'? And has anyone got any advice, anyone know how much it would cost?? I would rather be earning money tbh but that's not going well so far.. There are no jobs and apprenticeships are very competitive.. And I'm bored of not doing anything.. Would it just be best continuing looking for work or apprenticeships?? Or perhaps I should pursue going back to sixth form..?

Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZ
it's something like £450 a year as a mature student to study a levels

if you have the passion, go back into education.

i know a mature single parent sitting their a levels who seems to be doing well, and is happy given their circumstances
Reply 2
you could self teach it,, a lot cheaper and only have to pay for exams.
Reply 3
Original post by Table dust
it's something like £450 a year as a mature student to study a levels

if you have the passion, go back into education.

i know a mature single parent sitting their a levels who seems to be doing well, and is happy given their circumstances

£450 a year?! That's cheaper than university haha.. I'm just sick of sitting around doing nothing.. I have always been passionate about education - minus university and I always wish I studied History further from GCSEs.. Gonna give it a think.. Thanks for thee help!

I would teach myself however, don't think I would be motivated enough to sit down and teach it myself.. I would rather learn from a school or something haha

Posted from

Quick Reply

Latest