The Student Room Group

One ear still ringing after clubbing

I went out last night to the student union's club. Left there are 2AM. It is now almost 10AM. (Barely got any sleep, feel ill, but feel awake for some reason)

When I left, pretty much both of my ears were deafened and had bad tinnitus. When I woke up this morning, one of my ears has gone back to normal, but the other is still ringing and still deafened. I'm really worried :frown: I've had light tinnitus for years, only noticeable in silence but this is really bad and I'm worried I've got permanent hearing loss :frown: Can that really happen; one night at a uni club? It's terrifying, I don't even club often (been like 3 times in my life) and I rarely listen to loud music through headphones, people always comment how quiet I listen to it, so what I am saying is I take as good care of my ears as one can.

I can't quite remember, but I think this deafened ear was closest to the speaker most of the time, but last night both seemed to be deafened to the same degree. When I've been before, this never happened. Both ears returned to normal quickly, now that one is really bad after 8 hours, I am terrified.
Reply 1
Happens to us ravers all the time. the first time is definitely the scariest, you'll be fine
I'm 99.9% sure you'll recover and it'll be fine.
Reply 3
So my hearing has pretty much returned in this ear but the ringing is still going on, it's really really loud and its driving me insane. I'm very scared.

I now know for a fact that this ear was the one closest to the speakers and this was also the ear my girlfriend shouted into on frequent occasion when she wanted to tell me something. If the hearing has pretty much returned but the tinnitus remains, does this mean the tinnitus could be permanent or does that take longer to disappear.

I tell you I'm never going ****ing clubbing ever again, not without ear plugs anyway.
I had this and mine took a good 2/3weeks to go. I just tried to forget about it and carried on with my day to day life.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So my hearing has pretty much returned in this ear but the ringing is still going on, it's really really loud and its driving me insane. I'm very scared.

I now know for a fact that this ear was the one closest to the speakers and this was also the ear my girlfriend shouted into on frequent occasion when she wanted to tell me something. If the hearing has pretty much returned but the tinnitus remains, does this mean the tinnitus could be permanent or does that take longer to disappear.

I tell you I'm never going ****ing clubbing ever again, not without ear plugs anyway.

Hey has your tinitus disappeared? How your ear ?
Original post by Fady123

this was 5 years ago.... they probably don't keep up with TSR
Reply 7
Original post by Fady123

Original post by the bear
this was 5 years ago.... they probably don't keep up with TSR

Plot twist this thread was in my watched so this must’ve been me. Maybe it’s kind of a shame I’m actually still around to read it and technically on Xmas day of all days :moon: Well st least adult me has gone out more than 3 times now, that’s slightly less depressing

As expected it was basically fine the day after I wrote this. Actually this very slightly happened to me the other night, often does when I see live music and stuff. Just think one of my ears is a bit ****

May you all have a merry Xmas!
Reply 8
Oh that was an accident anon but same difference
Original post by Fady123

After 5 years, I'd f***ing well hope so :rofl:
I went out last night to the student union's club. Left there are 2AM. It is now almost 10AM. (Barely got any sleep, feel ill, but feel awake for some reason)

When I left, pretty much both of my ears were deafened and had bad tinnitus. When I woke up this morning, one of my ears has gone back to normal, but the other is still ringing and still deafened. I'm really worried :frown: I've had light tinnitus for years, only noticeable in silence but this is really bad and I'm worried I've got permanent hearing loss :frown: Can that really happen; one night at a uni club? It's terrifying, I don't even club often (been like 3 times in my life) and I rarely listen to loud music through headphones, people always comment how quiet I listen to it, so what I am saying is I take as good care of my ears as one can.

I can't quite remember, but I think this deafened ear was closest to the speaker most of the time, but last night both seemed to be deafened to the same degree. When I've been before, this never happened. Both ears returned to normal quickly, now that one is really bad after 8 hours, I am terrified.

Plot twist this thread was in my watched so this must’ve been me. Maybe it’s kind of a shame I’m actually still around to read it and technically on Xmas day of all days :moon: Well st least adult me has gone out more than 3 times now, that’s slightly less depressing

As expected it was basically fine the day after I wrote this. Actually this very slightly happened to me the other night, often does when I see live music and stuff. Just think one of my ears is a bit ****

damnnnnn. im suprised af. 5 YEARS. although most ppl are here 10 years.

how you feeling.

merry xmas!

Yep, you're still anon #1.

This is nothing, both my ears were ringing for about a week after I went to a Motorhead gig :rofl:

Merry xmas :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by I'mComingOxford
damnnnnn. im suprised af. 5 YEARS. although most ppl are here 10 years.

how you feeling.

merry xmas!

Yeah I think I spent way too much time on this place :tongue: Especially back in the day. Wasn’t massively active between ‘14 and ‘17 though. I remember this tinnitus thing was some corny 80s night at the SU. They had a Madness tribute band playing which was kinda fun but it was probably the sax that blew my ear out. The other night my ear felt a bit ****ed from a mate’s gig

I’m good, I’m not big on Xmas but feeling festive and clearly reminiscive! Sleep pattern’s a bit ****ed right now so got a couple hours before I’ll even be able to sleep and so this site is a wonderful time waster :heart: Happy Christmas!
Reply 13
Original post by Jarred
Yeah I think I spent way too much time on this place :tongue: Especially back in the day. Wasn’t massively active between ‘14 and ‘17 though. I remember this tinnitus thing was some corny 80s night at the SU. They had a Madness tribute band playing which was kinda fun but it was probably the sax that blew my ear out. The other night my ear felt a bit ****ed from a mate’s gigI’m good, I’m not big on Xmas but feeling festive and clearly reminiscive! Sleep pattern’s a bit ****ed right now so got a couple hours before I’ll even be able to sleep and so this site is a wonderful time waster :heart: Happy Christmas!
Hey how's your ear did it get any better?
Reply 14
How are you
You should see a doctor. You can try a plant-based med called Tanakan that helps with ear buzzing. Wearing earbuds or cotton in your ears when you're in loud places will help protect your ears. Hope you're okay now!
Original post by jshen_student
You should see a doctor. You can try a plant-based med called Tanakan that helps with ear buzzing. Wearing earbuds or cotton in your ears when you're in loud places will help protect your ears. Hope you're okay now!

The original post was five years ago - I think the OP is fine.
Reply 17
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
The original post was five years ago - I think the OP is fine.

Indeed, this thread keeps getting revived and my ear has long been fine :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest