The Student Room Group

The "I'm so excited for Uni that I might explode!" thread

I've accepted my unconditional offer from Glasgow University to study Psychology recently and now the excitement of starting Uni has just smacked right into me. I know I accepted my offer early, but all 3 of my "realistic" Universities in terms of location had all got back to me and since I was about 12 I've dreamed about going to Glasgow. It's just everything about it, the course itself, the Uni's architecture, location and the people. I live in Glasgow and just knowing that I'll finally be able to fully enjoy the student side of the city as well, makes me so happy!

I'll be living at home for University, because I stay within travelling distance, but the only thing that upsets me is that I might not make friends as easily as people who live in halls. But I won't let that stop me of course!

So, for anyone that has received an offer from a Uni they're really considering/ already accepted or who is just so buzzing for University in general, post here and be happy!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shannon~
I've accepted my unconditional offer from Glasgow University to study Psychology recently and now the excitement of starting Uni has just smacked right into me. I know I accepted my offer early, but all 3 of my "realistic" Universities in terms of location had all got back to me and since I was about 12 I've dreamed about going to Glasgow. It's just everything about it, the course itself, the Uni's architecture, location and the people. I live in Glasgow and just knowing that I'll finally be able to fully enjoy the student side of the city as well, makes me so happy!

I'll be living at home for University, because I stay within travelling distance, but the only thing that upsets me is that I might not make friends as easily as people who live in halls. But I won't let that stop me of course!

So, for anyone that has received an offer from a Uni they're really considering/ already accepted or who is just so buzzing for University in general, post here and be happy!

I AM SO EXCITED! I am most likely gonna accept an offer from Lancaster and (grade-depending) and it's such a nice place! I just can't wait, the whole experience really appeals to me!
I'm in the exact same situation as OP! Have 3 unconditional offers to Glasgow (aeronautical eng, astro & theoretical physics) think I'm swaying towards the engineering! I'll also be staying at home, I'm a train rude and a subway stop away from it!! I'm really excited to be honest, but I'm in the same mindset with the 'making friends' situation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by cant_think_of_name
I AM SO EXCITED! I am most likely gonna accept an offer from Lancaster and (grade-depending) and it's such a nice place! I just can't wait, the whole experience really appeals to me!

That's fantastic. I know, it's going to be a totally new experience! I'm like a tangle of excited nerves, I want September to hurry up now :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by munchen102
I'm in the exact same situation as OP! Have 3 unconditional offers to Glasgow (aeronautical eng, astro & theoretical physics) think I'm swaying towards the engineering! I'll also be staying at home, I'm a train rude and a subway stop away from it!! I'm really excited to be honest, but I'm in the same mindset with the 'making friends' situation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh a Glasgow buddy! Well done you for 3 unconditionals! I really hope making friends isn't going to be as difficult as I'm thinking it up to be, fingers crossed. But then I suppose that's what freshers is for!
Reply 5
Dude please please please don't over hype university, that's the worst thing you could do
Reply 6
Original post by 2ndClass
Dude please please please don't over hype university, that's the worst thing you could do

Well it's hard not to when it's something you've been working towards for ages and you've got accepted into the place you really want to go to. I wouldn't say I was over hyping it, I'm just excited about starting. I know it's not going to be the best experience of my life 24/7. I am quite realistic. I understand that a good deal of people go to University and it's not what it's been cracked up to be, but, I've still got a while until I start. Let me hold onto my naivety for a wee bit longer!

Honestly, I do know how tough and stressful and depressingly crap it will be at parts, but going to University is something I've always wanted to do. So now I'm just glad that it's nearly here.
There are people on here that admitted that they looked forward to uni......... only to find that they had evil flatmates and hated everything about uni. As '2ndclass' was saying, don't hype it up.

EDIT: :rofl: at the people negging, keep it up :rofl:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by James A
There are people on here that admitted that they looked forward to uni......... only to find that they had evil flatmates and hated everything about uni. As '2ndclass' was saying, don't hype it up.

Fortunately I'm living at home for uni so no evil flat mates for me. It shouldn't be a case that you get into Uni and just because people are letting you know of other people's negative experiences, you automatically beat down your excitement towards. Thanks for the advice of not hyping it up but right now, I'm quite happy to do just that.
Ohh a Glasgow buddy! Well done you for 3 unconditionals! I really hope making friends isn't going to be as difficult as I'm thinking it up to be, fingers crossed. But then I suppose that's what freshers is for!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to freshers week!! Were in Glasgow are u from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Finally the perfect thread for me! :biggrin:

I have conditionals from my 2 tops (UEA and Leeds) and I still don't believe it. I've worked SO HARD since I moved to England in 2011 to go to university, and now it's so close, finally happening... Living in England's has been my dream since I was a teenager and now I'm not just settle, but also about to start a whole new life here, I can't wait!

And just before anyone gets annoyed, I moved to work, pay my taxes and stay, not claim benefits, use the system and then come back to my country. I also moved because it was my dream since always, not because of economic crisis to steal anyone's job!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by 2ndClass

I think you can be exited and sensible at the same time :smile: I know not everything is gonna be perfect and I will hate some things, but NOW is the moment to get exited and use that excitement to keep you going until September.

Reply 12
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to freshers week!! Were in Glasgow are u from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll be brilliant! A charming place called Barmulloch, near Springburn, yourself? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Ataria
I think you can be exited and sensible at the same time :smile: I know not everything is gonna be perfect and I will hate some things, but NOW is the moment to get exited and use that excitement to keep you going until September.

I could not agree more with you! Exactly how I feel :smile:
Reply 14
People might say, don't over hype it and sure with in a short period of time it'll become the normal day to day grind. However as someone who's been out in the world of work for 3 years the idea of starting at uni seriously excites me. It's a new city, new people, new challenge etc

Yes it might not all go to plan but that's life, you work around it and make the most you can out of it.

So I am also seriously exited for September... goodbye dead end job, hello fresh start.
It'll be brilliant! A charming place called Barmulloch, near Springburn, yourself? :smile:

Baillieston, in the middle between easterhouse and Coatbridge. Although it's surrounded by really rough areas it's totally different in terms of violence and poverty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Baillieston, in the middle between easterhouse and Coatbridge. Although it's surrounded by really rough areas it's totally different in terms of violence and poverty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right yeah I know where you're talking about! Where I'm from has calmed down a lot over the past couple of years, it's no where near as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. But it does have it's moments!
Original post by dave_123
People might say, don't over hype it and sure with in a short period of time it'll become the normal day to day grind. However as someone who's been out in the world of work for 3 years the idea of starting at uni seriously excites me. It's a new city, new people, new challenge etc

Yes it might not all go to plan but that's life, you work around it and make the most you can out of it.

So I am also seriously exited for September... goodbye dead end job, hello fresh start.

What course will you be doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Cannot wait to start uni! Accepted my Unconditional to Glasgow Caledonian for Biomedical Science. I am from Aberdeen, and cannot wait to move to Glasgow! I've always wanted to move there, and I'm on the only IBMS degree in the city :smile: I cannot wait for the independence, and for having all my own freedom. I am nervous too, but the excitement is definitely out weighing it :') the course is great, the city is great, just hope my room mates will be as great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to counteract all the partypoopers, I was mega hyped for uni, and, you know what, it's lived up to it. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Latest

Trending

Trending