The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jordski
For anyone going to uni in september, I've written a couple of guides to freshers week and to living in student accommodation that you guys might find useful.

http://jordskimol.wordpress.com/

Thanks a lot for that, it was a nice read.
Reply 61
Original post by SyOnGuitar
Thanks a lot for that, it was a nice read.

Thanks!
Original post by Shannon~
Well I'd highly recommend Cali ( not being bias because I live in Glasgow or anything!)

Oh really? What do you think makes it so appealing? :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by StevenSpenca
Oh really? What do you think makes it so appealing? :smile:

It just seems to be really starting to grow and develop as a University in tersm of its reputation lately. I really like how it has a different feel from many other unis that I had applied to (glasgow, edinburgh...) As it has a really fresh approach to student life which I've noticed on a good couple of visits there :smile:
Reply 64
I remember when I was super excited to be at uni too. Now I'm here currently sitting in my room in halls and 1st year's almost over. :redface:
Reply 65
Original post by NormalGuy
I remember when I was super excited to be at uni too. Now I'm here currently sitting in my room in halls and 1st year's almost over. :redface:

Has it lived up to your expectations? :smile:
Reply 66
Has it lived up to your expectations? :smile:

Well I'm not here to ruin your excitement or anything :biggrin:
But my expectations for uni weren't low or high really, it was more that I was going to start a new part of my life..

First weeks in you are really excited how you are now your own boss lol but months in, especially when there isn't much to do except work.. it has become 'meh, it's alright'. But make sure you join societies! If not for them, I would be dead bored.
:wink:
Reply 67
Original post by NormalGuy
Well I'm not here to ruin your excitement or anything :biggrin:
But my expectations for uni weren't low or high really, it was more that I was going to start a new part of my life..

First weeks in you are really excited how you are now your own boss lol but months in, especially when there isn't much to do except work.. it has become 'meh, it's alright'. But make sure you join societies! If not for them, I would be dead bored.
:wink:

Thanks for the advice!
It just seems to be really starting to grow and develop as a University in tersm of its reputation lately. I really like how it has a different feel from many other unis that I had applied to (glasgow, edinburgh...) As it has a really fresh approach to student life which I've noticed on a good couple of visits there :smile:

Sounds like a good recommendation to me! I'm almost set on it, just the slight worry about not being able to find a job now (Seen as I'm not from Glasgow!)
Reply 69
Original post by StevenSpenca
Sounds like a good recommendation to me! I'm almost set on it, just the slight worry about not being able to find a job now (Seen as I'm not from Glasgow!)

The reason I firmed Cali was because of its focus on employability. They seem very modern, student focused and approachable! The campus is brilliant, and well located! For my course at least they try to get as many placements as possible and even offer post graduation training to bring you up to standard if you miss out on a placement. They just seem to be up and coming! The Guardian (maybe the times, I forget) even said that it doesn't do too well in league tables as it focuses highly on allowing everyone the opportunity to higher education and employability rather than academic statistics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Ahahaha this is the perfect thread for me. I just sent my student fianance application today. So now even feels closer. :smile:
Reply 71
Anyone going Loughborough?! :smile:
I've accepted my unconditional offer from Glasgow University to study Psychology recently and now the excitement of starting Uni has just smacked right into me. I know I accepted my offer early, but all 3 of my "realistic" Universities in terms of location had all got back to me and since I was about 12 I've dreamed about going to Glasgow. It's just everything about it, the course itself, the Uni's architecture, location and the people. I live in Glasgow and just knowing that I'll finally be able to fully enjoy the student side of the city as well, makes me so happy!

I'll be living at home for University, because I stay within travelling distance, but the only thing that upsets me is that I might not make friends as easily as people who live in halls. But I won't let that stop me of course!

So, for anyone that has received an offer from a Uni they're really considering/ already accepted or who is just so buzzing for University in general, post here and be happy!

I know how you feel, I am going to be studying in Coventry University! The actual Coventry itself is amazing for me, the minute I step off the platform at Coventry is enough to get me excited, there is a new atmosphere surrounding me even though I have been there thousands of times, everywhere is new even though I have been there hundreds of times before. The actual Coventry University itself is a wonder, every I enter I am screaming mentally because I want to study there and now I actually am, when I am with my friends i feel like I am a new person because now I am a student, it feels so GRAND to be called a university student.

Latest

Trending

Trending