The Student Room Group

Questions on reapplying next year

I had predicted grades of AAA when applying (Didn't work hard enough at as level) to Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter, Kent and Reading for Law LLB and had received offers from all apart from Bristol who im still waiting to here from :frown: and chose Birmingham(AAA) followed by Exeter(AAB) as firm and insurance choices.

I am now on target to get A*A*A; if i achieve these grades come August can I reject my place from both my insurance and firm to reapply next year?

Im interested in applying to Bristol, Durham, Nottingham, UCL and possibly throw in Oxford as a long shot if i can reapply next year. During the year i would sit another full A level.

so would i be able to do this and would i be at any disadvantage reapplying the following year?

Original post by NoGoodOnesLeft
I had predicted grades of AAA when applying (Didn't work hard enough at as level) to Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter, Kent and Reading for Law LLB and had received offers from all apart from Bristol who im still waiting to here from :frown: and chose Birmingham(AAA) followed by Exeter(AAB) as firm and insurance choices.

I am now on target to get A*A*A; if i achieve these grades come August can I reject my place from both my insurance and firm to reapply next year?

Im interested in applying to Bristol, Durham, Nottingham, UCL and possibly throw in Oxford as a long shot if i can reapply next year. During the year i would sit another full A level.

so would i be able to do this and would i be at any disadvantage reapplying the following year?

Well, my friend in As level got Ds and Cs. He retook EVERYTHING and managed to get straight As and managed to get his way into Kings, obviously he was initially rejected. He then contacted Kings immediately after seeing his A2 grades is now studying biomedical science and is hoping to study medicine next year.
He even got a 10k per year scholarship somehow by applying to something...

I wouldn't reapply next year, just try the same sort of thing he did. Contact Connections part of UCAS and see what options are available to you.
Reply 2
Original post by NoGoodOnesLeft

Yes you'd be able to do it. I don't see why you'd need to do another A level though, unis won't care about a fourth one generally. Try get some work exp related to your course? That would really help a Law application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending