The Student Room Group

Social Work Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Still nothing this end! Called cally yesterday to enquire, and was told they don't have to let us know until may 9th!!! That put me off calling the others lol.

Sorry to hear about the car arlene, just glad you're ok.
Reply 61
Anybody had any word yet? Hopefully next week we will begin hearing back :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
nothing andrew. im away week wed and hope I know before I go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Still no news :smile:
Reply 65
I phoned again today.....played the...im going on hols card. she didnt give me an answer but advised decisions would be out through ucas early next week.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What unis that for Arlene?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Reply 68
Oooooh, would be a good wee start to your holiday Arlene :wink: nerves can't take anymore haha
A got ma knock back from Strathclyde today :frown: boo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
aww no andrew sorry to hear that. chin up tho still in running for others. ive no heard anything from strathy yet and thats my last chance. I got rejected for that college course i applied for even despite the tutor pretty much saying id get on it. asked for feedback tho.x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Aw that's a shame pal...how did they let you know? What offers are you still waiting on??
Reply 72
Sorry to hear about your college too Arlene... Fingers crossed for you hearing some good news soon
Reply 73
thanks jim. just checked ucas.....nothing...ggrrrr

Posted from TSR Mobile
i just heard through UCAS, so if you still havent heard anythin from Strath, think positive! Im just waitin on Cale. Might have a look at college courses, theres one at James Watt in Greenock called BA Education & Social Services a think it is, so may apply for that. Will try through clearing aswel. Good luck guys!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What you heard back so far Jim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Still not heard anything yet Andrew...hopefully will soon one way or the other!
Reply 77
yeah that's the one I got rejected for andy looks really good. good luck.x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
what a roller coaster.....got call from college today after I asked for feedbavk since being rejected for that education and social services diploma.....blooming glad I did ask. tutor called and advised me it was rejected due to no personal statement being on application. I promptly advised her that there was most def a ps on when I submitted but that the college had been having problems few days before with online apps. she said it was a largely oversubscribed course and that there had been a few folk without ps but agreed to look at app again so ive emailed copy of ps away.....fingers crossed. makes u wonder though a small fault at their end but makes a huge difference to us and our future eh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
I'm surprised your nerves are still intact Arlene...Jeezo lol. I'm a great believer in asking for feedback too. I once was offered a job I went for when asking for feedback. Turns out the woman could remember reading my app but it had went missing! Hopefully you won't need to accept your 'plan b' though, still hope for uni so don't give up just yet :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest