The Student Room Group

Boardmasters 2013

Anyone thinking of going? Been for past 4 years and is insane! First line up was announced other day and looks like its gonna be even better this year! The vaccines, Ben Howard and basements jaxx are amongst others headlining!!
Reply 1
Hello :smile:

Just booked tickets to come to Boardmasters 2013 for the first time with some friends :biggrin:

We were wondering how much money we need to bring?? What food is available on the campsite???

Thanks
Reply 2
Hi Hannah,

I have been to the Boardmasters festival before and I'm going again this year hopefully! :smile:

Drinks can be pretty expensive, as can food from the food stands. I don't think there is a shop on the campsite.

The festival and campsite are actual at Watergate Bay just outside of Newquay. Newquay has really good nightlife and loads of shops and supermarkets for cheap food/drink. I stayed in the town centre and traveled to the festival by bus, which only takes 10 minutes and I'm really glad I did that rather than camping as it rained overnight!

Some of the hotels aren't much more expensive than camping. I stayed at Hotel Sunnyside in the town centre and would highly recommend it. They have lots of groups there and a really good atmosphere.

Hope that helps! See you there this year!

Lee :smile:
Reply 3
I'm, also, going to Boardmasters this year. Its my first time and i was just curious as to how strict they are on searching bags? i plan to bring a reasonable amount of alcohol and a very small gas stove. Will i get this in no problems? :biggrin:
Reply 4
Does anyone know if your camping friday to sunday whether this includes the sunday night? x
Reply 5
Original post by Lizzieshaw
Anyone thinking of going? Been for past 4 years and is insane! First line up was announced other day and looks like its gonna be even better this year! The vaccines, Ben Howard and basements jaxx are amongst others headlining!!

Do you camp the sunday night? My friends are all stressing because we dont know when to book the train for haha... 5 girls what can i say :L
Reply 6
Hi doodles im in the same position this year im only 17, did they search your bags?
Reply 7
Hi doodles im in the same position this year im only 17, did they search your bags?
Original post by sammyt96

Hi, I went last year and am going again this year (so excited!) Last year searching was pretty pathetic..they opened my bag then shut it again, checking nothing. 1 girl out of 5 of us got 'searched' more carefully, however still managed to get her alcohol in. So it's not too tricky! I'm hoping it's gonna be just as slack this year or I'm stuffed! Good luck :smile: x
just wanted to know roughly how much food costs, drinks i have covered three of us allowed 24 beers each (chuffed) but worried about how expensive the food will cost. anyone able to give some insight?

I've never been to a festival before and was wondering if they pat you downs at all as you walk through security, also are there any sniffer dogs or was my friend lying?

Quick Reply

Latest