The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Primary Education Degree QTS interview

Hi, i was just wondering Birmingham City Uni have asked me to bring either a book or an artefact that is no bigger than a shoe box, to my interview. I will have to talk about the item for 5-8 minutes about how it will help the children, relate to the National Curriculum etc, i'm really struggling on what to bring in as i don't know what an artefact is and don't know what book to bring as i want to stand and out by bringing something unique that i can talk quite abit about, please can anyone help me here also i want it to relate to key stage 1-2 , any suggestions???? :confused:
Reply 1
When is your interview date? Try picking something like a book about boats. From these boats the children can tell you what they already know. After this you can develop the lessons around what they want to learn with all your lesson planning ready. So basically from a book on boats the class can look into pirate boats and write poems or stories about it. They can also act out for drama or they can draw boats of art. They can look at the history of boats and the way the wind carried pirate boat sails across the seas. Then for geography you can look at the world's seas. So from one book you can look at so much. You may want to decide what artefact (object) or book you feel confident with and then work from there. Remember to mention cross-curriculum and the levels they will be working at. Hope this helps in anyway. I have my interview tomorrow morning. :smile: Good luck
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
My interview is next week I have no clue what to bring or show.
Reply 3
I have the same interview on Thursday! i have chosen a pop up book to discuss and i'm worried I will run out of things to say :/

:smile:
a question in the interview is why have you selceted a boat to show children any responses to this question my interview is on monday NEED HELP ASAP please thanks much appreciated
a question in the interview is why have you selceted a boat to show children any responses to this question my interview is on monday NEED HELP ASAP please thanks much appreciated

as well as this what age group would it be aimed at and why

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending