The Student Room Group

Applying to university

Hi everyone! I am going to apply for vetmed at glasglow university this year but I haven't take any a level exams. Should I take a level exams or start a foundation class at glasgow uni? I am an Indonesian student and don't really know anything about a level exams.
Have you taken the Indonesian equivalent of A levels? VetMed is really competitive in the UK - you should be aiming for the top grade in your current exams. As long as they are of a similar standard to A levels, unis should still consider you, although they do apparently have very limited spaces for international students. You should also have loads of work experience (~10 weeks I think is recommended), with a range of different animals. If you have not studied the equivalent of A level Chemistry and Biology, and preferably another science/ maths as well, then it may be a good idea to consider the foundation year/ study for A levels (is this an option? Do any schools/ collages near you offer A levels?).
If you have nothing equal to A-levels, then you will need to start some before applying. It would probably be best to do a foundation year, rather than trying to get to grips with British qualifications.
Reply 3
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Have you taken the Indonesian equivalent of A levels? VetMed is really competitive in the UK - you should be aiming for the top grade in your current exams. As long as they are of a similar standard to A levels, unis should still consider you, although they do apparently have very limited spaces for international students. You should also have loads of work experience (~10 weeks I think is recommended), with a range of different animals. If you have not studied the equivalent of A level Chemistry and Biology, and preferably another science/ maths as well, then it may be a good idea to consider the foundation year/ study for A levels (is this an option? Do any schools/ collages near you offer A levels?).

Apparently there is no a level course offered here. From where can I get work experience?
Reply 4
How many international students does the university accept for vetmed subject?
Original post by fade187
Apparently there is no a level course offered here. From where can I get work experience?

Speak to local vets/ farmers/ kennels/ stables/ anyone with a job involving animals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending