The Student Room Group

UNIQ Personal Statement and Plagiarism

We have to write a personal statement for the UNIQ Summer School at Oxford. I was wondering whether I would be able to use this PS as a basis for my UCAS personal statement in the future. Would it be flagged as plagiarised on the UCAS system or would they recognise that the statements had been submitted by the same person?

Obviously, I'll have a lot more to write about by then and the one I am writing now is only 2000 characters. However, I may create a sentence or two that I consider to be really good that I would want to include in my UCAS Personal Statement. If that is not allowed then I'd rather not include it in my summer school application!
Reply 1
I was wondering the same, to be honest I don't think they would mind as it isn't through UCAS but would love someone else' input
Thanks, doesn't look like anyone else knows for definite either!

I'll probably have done some more work experience by UCAS form time so I'll probably try reword some of what I have already written, just in case.

Really hope I can get a place at the summer school, it looks really good :smile:
It's absolutely fine for you to reuse bits of your personal statement :smile:

Though for me, while I used my UNIQ statement as a starting point, the finished thing didn't bear any trace of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending