Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

International student applying for vetmed

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Can somebody tell me my chance?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I think you probably need to put a bit more information yourself, academics, experience, whereabouts your from etc, before anyone can really take a guess at your chances There are international students at all the vet school so it's perfectly possible. If in doubt best thing to do is contact the relevant admissions for each vet school.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutterfly)
    Hi I think you probably need to put a bit more information yourself, academics, experience, whereabouts your from etc, before anyone can really take a guess at your chances There are international students at all the vet school so it's perfectly possible. If in doubt best thing to do is contact the relevant admissions for each vet school.
    I'm from Indonesia and currently in my last year of high school. I do quite well in biology but not so well in chemistry. I will try my best to study anw. Currently I haven't got any experience. So what is my chance? Thank you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fade187)
    I'm from Indonesia and currently in my last year of high school. I do quite well in biology but not so well in chemistry. I will try my best to study anw. Currently I haven't got any experience. So what is my chance? Thank you!
    You'll need A grades in bio and chem, as well as a lot of vet/animal-related work experience. This however varies per uni and per course. Even then, uni's can reject you based upon your interview or personal statement. There are too many factors to say how much of a chance you have. If you know the requirements inside out, and work exceptionally hard to achieve them, you MAY have a chance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also, if you want to go to uni straight out of high school, you should have applied already... :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanut0608)
    Also, if you want to go to uni straight out of high school, you should have applied already... :/
    I'm thinking of foundation at glasgow university since I haven't learnt any a levels and the class can be applied in september for autumn term
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fade187)
    I'm thinking of foundation at glasgow university since I haven't learnt any a levels and the class can be applied in september for autumn term
    I see. What educational system are you on? I.e. A-levels/IB/american high school system etc?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanut0608)
    I see. What educational system are you on? I.e. A-levels/IB/american high school system etc?
    I'm from Indonesia so our high school system isn't exactly the same as other country but Ithink it's close to american high

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 4, 2013
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.