The Student Room Group

My girlfriend is on a low with her depression and said she want's to call it quits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danrm
Just like to say thanks for your help, she text me the other night saying "so are we going to go our separate ways?" so I managed to get her to meet me yesterday, expecting for the break up talk but went for a good walk round some woods and got the little girl side of her to show, had a bit of a chat about everything and I basically said to her that I know that I can keep telling her that I'll be there for her and she wont believe me, so if she gives me the chance I'll prove it to her. She cried a fair bit and said she never wanted to break up, she was just offering me a way out. And that she thought she had pushed me away and lost me, saying thats one thing she hopes never happens.

Ended with her inviting me to go out for dinner with her and her little sister and cousin last night, which to be fair is a massive step forward as she never let anyone get involved with her sister. She thanked me after for a lovely day and said that she's been upset all week, yet one day with me and everything seemed to just disappear.

I think she has finally started to realise that I'm in this for real and that I will actually be there for her no matter what she throws at me.

Cheers

No problem. I'm glad you guys seem to have worked things out for now. I seriously wish you all the best for the future and hope you can both overcome the issues you've been facing. It sounds like you're on your way :smile:

Quick Reply