The Student Room Group

" Saudi preacher spared after raping, killing daughter"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/02/saudi-preacher-spared-after-raping-killing-daughter/

This is absolutely disgusting. The judicial system in Saudi Arabia is ****ed up! What posses a man to rape and beat his own FIVE YEARS OLD daughter because he believes she may not be a virgin?

And then for him to be spared simply because Islamic law dictates that a father cannot be executed for murdering his children, or husbands executed for murdering wives. Yet a woman can be stoned to death for committing adultery. Where is the logic in that ?

Reading stories like these make me sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

not really sure why i have been negged??!! are u guys supportive of what has happened to this poor little girl and the lack of punishment?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chanelleisme
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/02/saudi-preacher-spared-after-raping-killing-daughter/

This is absolutely disgusting. The judicial system in Saudi Arabia is ****ed up! What posses a man to rape and beat his own FIVE YEARS OLD daughter because he believes she may not be a virgin?

And then for him to be spared simply because Islamic law dictates that a father cannot be executed for murdering his children, or husbands executed for murdering wives. Yet a woman can be stoned to death for committing adultery. Where is the logic in that ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG THIS IS ******* SICK!!!!!!!! I would literally kill this man with my own hands.... there needs to be a revolution in SA and hopefully it would be a good one
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
It's Saudi Arabia... what did you expect to happen? The US should cut off aid to these countries.
It's pretty bad, my Facebook was flooded with this story all day.

Just hundreds of Muslims raving about how much they hate Suadi Arabia and it's legal system.

Oh well...hope he gets hit by something and dies.
Original post by Yachiru
It's Saudi Arabia... what did you expect to happen? The US should cut off aid to these countries.

While I share your disgust in this act, Saudi Arabia is the second biggest donor in the world after the US...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I read somewhere else that "compensation" that the father was ordered to pay, is half of what it would of been had his victim been male.

It's a damn shame!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
It's pretty bad, my Facebook was flooded with this story all day.

Just hundreds of Muslims raving about how much they hate Suadi Arabia and it's legal system.

Oh well...hope he gets hit by something and dies.

Hope his fellow inmates hear about this and do something about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
That's so ****ed up omg :angry:

Wtf is wrong with some of these countries?
This is disgusting but why are people so blind. If an American did this would everyone go around saying 'oh cut off aid to the USA' or 'time for a revolution'. Although this is disturbing we have to realise rape and child molestation is highest in the USA. Don't generalise a nation for one persons actions.
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is nothing but disgusting. As a Muslim, I want to see what they seem to think can justify this.

I've never heard of the **** myself, but he must be a hypocrite, judging from this.

Deeply saddened...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Islamic law does allow for him to be executed, if he killed his child or his wife...........also with the committing adultery bit, its applied to both sexes, not one. That article is just trying to sensationalise everything.

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/crimes-and-penalties/retaliation-qisas/461179-executing-father-because-of-killing-his-son.html

" some scholars are of the view that if a father kills his son on purpose, he should be executed for killing him.

Responding to your question, Sheikh `Abdel Khaliq Hasan AshShareef, a prominent Muslim scholar, Egypt, stated,

A spouse can be executed if he/she killed his/her spouse, as none of them is considered the origin of the other. So, if a husband kills his wife, his punishment may reach to execution, and the same is for a wife."

The story itself is messed up........I also don't get this blood money thing in this situation, as it would require a relative to accept it, did he accept the money to himself :lolwut:
It would be the mother to decide, and from the case, she wanted to pursue it.........so who accepted this blood money as she is the only who can accept it as its her child.

And I'll be honest.........Saudi Arabia, that stuff that goes on in that country, shows the hypocrisy of the government, law applies to everyone except the royal family and these so called "scholars/preachers"... disgusting, vile humans.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by HusseinFarah93
This is disgusting but why are people so blind. If an American did this would everyone go around saying 'oh cut off aid to the USA' or 'time for a revolution'. Although this is disturbing we have to realise rape and child molestation is highest in the USA. Don't generalise a nation for one persons actions.

There would never be a case in America where a person was found guilty of raping and killing a 5 year old then let off with a fine. Ever.

And the US has the highest reported amounts of child molestation and rape, unlike a lot of other countries in the world they have taken active steps in making sure people have the means to report attacks and bring offenders to justice. If you think women are free to report rapes and attacks in Saudi Arabia or indeed the vast majority of the Islamic world you are deluded.
(edited 11 years ago)
That is not Islamic law, more accurately retarded saudi law.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
why is this under the religion category?
I am Muslim myself, and this is sickening, but don't blame a religion for the actions of an individual
plus, Saudi Arabia is nowhere near an islamic state, so I don't see what this has to do with religion

People are saying it's time for a revolution because of the hypocrisy of the Saudi legal system if you haven't noticed. The American system judges everyone fairly regardless of their sex or family status, so you cannot even BEGIN to compare the two. This guy barely received any punishment.

Also, the reason rapes are "higher" in America is because America actually BOTHERS to document rape rather than just go "nope, that guy had the right to have forceful sex with that woman so it isn't rape".

We aren't calling all saudis child rapists, rather we showing our disgust at their retarded way of handling cases such as this.
In america I doubt the rapist/murderer would get away so easily. I'm guessing your a saudi lover?
Reply 16
Original post by Yachiru

No chance, Saudi Arabia and the USA are practically best buddies thanks to all the oil and weapons they swap with each other.
Original post by Sabr
why is this under the religion category?
I am Muslim myself, and this is sickening, but don't blame a religion for the actions of an individual
plus, Saudi Arabia is nowhere near an islamic state, so I don't see what this has to do with religion

well the person in question is a saudi preacher, saudia arabian courts are dictated by sharia law... are you sure you don't see why this has anything to do with religion ??

In saying that, I did not once blame religion itself for the actions of this individual, not sure why your so defensive.
Saudi Arabia and it's hypocrisy :angry:
Original post by TheFrozenLake.
While I share your disgust in this act, Saudi Arabia is the second biggest donor in the world after the US...

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's not....

United States $28.67 billion
France $12.43 billion
Germany $11.98 billion
United Kingdom $11.50 billion
Japan $9.48 billion
Spain $6.57 billion
Netherlands $6.43 billion
Sweden $4.55 billion
Norway $4.09 billion
Canada $4.01 billion