The Student Room Group

London Academy of Excellence 2013

So, I decided to make this thread.

This thread, that I have made, is for people who are applying (or already go) to LAE for 2013.
:biggrin:
I wonder how many TSRians are applying to Lae..
:confused:
I heard that there was an assesment day yesterday on the 2nd of Feb- Did anyone here go to it? How was it ?
:tongue:
My assesment day is on 9th Feb . :eek:

Thank you for your appreciation, please post.
*Tumble weed* :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!Ive also applied to LAE and my assessment day is on the 9th of Feb too! I'm quite curious to what we'll be doing on the day as it quite a long assessmnet day but apparently last year they took an IQ test as well as doing some drama :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by Hai_Iqra
Hey!Ive also applied to LAE and my assessment day is on the 9th of Feb too! I'm quite curious to what we'll be doing on the day as it quite a long assessmnet day but apparently last year they took an IQ test as well as doing some drama :s-smilie:

Cool :-)

Drama? I know there's a dragons den thing, which are presentations (I think) and definately interview and test... Also this time I heard there's a Q&A.. Not sure what that is.

Do we have lunch there or ? ....

lol all I think about is food
Reply 3
Aah, Thank you so much- it made me feel better! What questions did they ask you on the interview?:confused: What was everyone wearing- suits or jeans ?

Thank you again :colondollar:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Hey! I have my assessment day on the 9th too! I'm quite nervous to be honest!

My friends had theirs last week and they loved it. Lunch it provided by them haha. You should receive an email tomorrow outlining the activities for the day, but as the person above me said, you do dragons den, Q&A, interview and a common sense test.... So yeah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Btw... Wear smart clothes! Haha my friends said one person wore jeans and he really stood out... In the wrong way? 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by depressed1
Hey! I have my assessment day on the 9th too! I'm quite nervous to be honest!

My friends had theirs last week and they loved it. Lunch it provided by them haha. You should receive an email tomorrow outlining the activities for the day, but as the person above me said, you do dragons den, Q&A, interview and a common sense test.... So yeah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Thanks :smile:

I got the email, seems straight forward... Hopefully the interview is okay- they said 15 mins and most colleges over estimate the time so... 10 mins ?:rolleyes: doesn't sound so long :redface:
Reply 7
Haha maybe I'll see you there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm going to the assessment day too and even though I went to the open day and everyone there seemed really friendly I'm still nervous -__-Can Anyone who went on the 2nd give some examples of the questions they give in the common sense test? :smile:
Reply 9
Don't be nervous! Have you read the email they sent out today?

My friend said theres some maths questions and questions like "if yesterday was tuesday, whats the day after tomorrow's tomorrow"... Something like that. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
An email? I all they sent me was 'confirm you are attending' (n) and haha I'm tryingHmm if all the questions are like that then hopefully the assessment will be a breeze
Reply 11
Original post by Crystalz
An email? I all they sent me was 'confirm you are attending' (n) and haha I'm tryingHmm if all the questions are like that then hopefully the assessment will be a breeze

I guess the questions will be sort of like problem solving but for everyday life, but not really mathsy ... More like riddles!:biggrin:
Reply 12
Oh ahah and to think that I was actually going to wear jeans!!
Reply 13
Original post by Hai_Iqra
Oh ahah and to think that I was actually going to wear jeans!!

Loooooool! Lucky You read this then! Haha the email they sent slyly tells you.... DRESS SMARTLY OR YOU're out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
So is everyone wearing smart trousers with a blazer or something?? I don't really want to be the only one not wearing it :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Nop... Im wearing smart dress and smart trouser :smile: what do you want to wear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I don't really know to be honest because that's what I was going to wear or I might bring a cardi with me or something...
Reply 17
Yeah i might wear cardi too...don't worry.... Just make sure you're not in jeans and a Beatles top. What you say and do is more important! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Yeah, you're right! Have any of you guys got friends going to the assessment day tomorrow??
Reply 19
Yep, thank god! I'd be dead without her! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest