The Student Room Group

What is wrong with me I just can't seem to get a girlfriend?!?

Okay firstly to put it into context I'm 17, a guy, never had a girlfriend and unfortunately still a virgin. Now I know that this is fairly common and that I shouldn't be worried but all the same I've come to a point where I want a relationship and I want companionship with a girl but I just seem to have no 'luck*'. So this pretty much sucks for me.

I just can't put my finger on what it is that I'm doing 'wrong', I make girls laugh, I can be confident (although I have to say all this is starting to knock it a bit), I don't think I'm particularly ugly or anything I'd say I'm fairly average looking, I am there for girls when they are upset or going through hard times so I'm trustworthy, I respect girls and if there's a girl I like I do compliment her and try to make her feel special. Despite all this girls never seem to like me (as more than a friend) or show any sort of romantic or otherwise attraction but can go for guys that don't offer them all or in some cases any of the things I try to give. It's not all worded perfectly but the sentiment is certainly there. I would love to make amends to this but I don't what it is I need to change so that girls might like me.

* I'm using the word 'luck' as a sweeping term because I can't put my finger on the reason why I know people don't build relationships by luck but since I don't know what it is I'm missing, 'luck' will have to do.

I hope someone can help me with this and if anyone has gone through something similar/the same experience I'd love to know how it worked out (hopefully for the better) for them and if anyone has any advice it would be very much appreciated :smile: Thanks in advance TSR :smile:
Have you been rejected? If not, you need to be clearer with your intentions.
Reply 2
I was the same age as you and I got a girlfriend. Leave it and it happens eventually, but when you think you have an oppurtunity don't sit down waiting for it to happen passively you need to try. Yeah be clear with your intentions too.

Don't worry about girls, they'll come and go.
Reply 3
You don't need a girlfriend. Why the rush to get one at 17 years of age?

I blame this mentality of our generation. What is the point of dating for the point of dating?

If you eventually find a girlfriend, great! That's really great and I understand that we are all looking for companionship in the opposite sex (unless what you really want is just sex), but if you can't get a girlfriend, take it as a sign. Forget about it and enjoy your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending