The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by So Instinct
Pretty sure it still boils.
Not to mention looking for a relation does nothing but increase the chance of finding the person, contrary to common belief

Not if it makes you go mental and say "oh my god WE MAKE SUCH A GOOD COUPLE" every time someone is vaguely friendly towards you.
Original post by py0alb
Not if it makes you go mental and say "oh my god WE MAKE SUCH A GOOD COUPLE" every time someone is vaguely friendly towards you.

Omg we make such a good couple.
There is a difference between desperation (if that is them being genuine and not a joking) and looking to be in a relationship...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
It's not hard for a girl to get some sexual experience if they really wanted to. :colonhash:
Reply 23
Original post by handizivi10
Why do you feel like at 21 you should've done these things. I'm a 21 year old female and I've never done anything with a guy either but I don't let it determine my hapiness. I am not going to lie and say there haven't been times were I've thought the same as you though.

But you shouldn't feel that life has a tickbox.

I think partly the reason why you feel lonely is because you tell yourself that you are or that you let others/society standards determine what you should've done by now or what classifies you as lonely.

I think you should keep high standards for yourself so that when you do find him everything will be that much sweeter and that the first guy you get to experience life with isn't just some randomer because you felt that you had to do stuff.

Be comfortable with yourself and be no one else other than the beautiful woman that God created you to be! That cute guy who will make it his life's mission to make you happy and give you all the cuddles you want will find you soon enough. Just be patient and focus on you! :smile:

*This* I've run out of positive rep for you I'm afraid but I think the thread starter should really listen to your advice. There is so much pressure for relationships when really there is no hurry.
Reply 24
Original post by Mr Smurf
It's not hard for a girl to get some sexual experience if they really wanted to. :colonhash:

Maybe not but perhaps some girls would prefer to gain experience whilst in a relationship rather than from a guy they met in a club.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
OP here. I feel quite behind as a 21 year old with no sexual experience because, well, 13 year old kids are going on dates and having sex and stuff, and it feels silly that I haven't managed to do what seems relatively easy for other people.

I'm afraid that I'll never meet anyone because I've been at university for several years and apparently it's one of the easiest ways to meet people. I've met tons of people and still have never been in a relationship so it makes me wonder if I ever will.

I appreciate the posts from people in the same situation, it helps to know that this isn't uncommon!

Original post by Anthony.BF
You sound desperate, I'm not sure why you're having issues. Either you're REALLY REALLY REALLY ugly, or... you're REALLY REALLY ugly, even then there would still be guys lining...

My guess is your not social enough.

I'm not stunning, but I don't think I'm ugly either. To be fair, I have had some interest from a few guys, but I haven't been attracted to them and I'd like to be in a relationship with someone I felt attracted to. So I'm desperate, but not that desperate :tongue: I agree that I could probably go out and have a ONS, but I don't want that.

Original post by rm22
I'm 21 too and have never done anything with a girl, you should let me take you out on a date? :P

Ehh, why not :biggrin:
Why do you feel like at 21 you should've done these things. I'm a 21 year old female and I've never done anything with a guy either but I don't let it determine my hapiness. I am not going to lie and say there haven't been times were I've thought the same as you though.

I think partly the reason why you feel lonely is because you tell yourself that you are or that you let others/society standards determine what you should've done by now or what classifies you as lonely.

I think you should keep high standards for yourself so that when you do find him everything will be that much sweeter and that the first guy you get to experience life with isn't just some randomer because you felt that you had to do stuff.

Be comfortable with yourself and be no one else other than the beautiful woman that God created you to be! That cute guy who will make it his life's mission to make you happy and give you all the cuddles you want will find you soon enough. Just be patient and focus on you! :smile:

HAHAHAHAHA what a bunch of horsedung! That genuinely made me LOL
Original post by Silver Arrow
HAHAHAHAHA what a bunch of horsedung! That genuinely made me LOL

What!? It's what she wants! Either way I'm glad I made you genuinely laugh :smile:
I'll be in the same position as you on Monday.

Forever Alone :cry2:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 21 year old female university student who's never doneanything with a guy, and I'm tired of being alone. I've never been on a date, kissed or even held hands with someone. My lack of experience gets me down sometimes, but my major problem is that I feel incredibly lonely. My standards aren't particularly high, I just want someone to cuddle with, who I find attractive and get along with. Why is that so hard to find? :frown:

Im turning 19 this year and am in the same situation as you. I think you've got to be positive and not get too bogged down with this silly time limit stuff. Maybe its just life's way of making the first relatonship you have all the more meaningful and special because it will be a brand new experience.

Have you ever thought about how you are perceived by potential dates? I'm not talking looks wise, but confidence and posture wise. Try not to think unhappy thoughts as this can reflect badly on you body language. What are your interests? Are there any societies or clubs you can join? You don't have to rush into anything, just take it slow. If you do happen to find a nice guy, just see him as a mate to take the pressure off. You say you're lonely, so hopefully just having a boy-mate could be the initial stepping stone onto a deeper and more fulfilling relationship.

Best of luck and I hope you feel better soon xxx
I'm 18 and haven't had much experience. Going out and meeting new people or clubbing changes that xP

I think she should lower her standards and date me
Original post by emobambam
I think she should lower her standards and date me

Why you telling me this?
What!? It's what she wants! Either way I'm glad I made you genuinely laugh :smile:

It's funny how you think some beta male will just come out of nowhere and make it his life mission to soothe OP's ego and lick her wounds. Pretty pathetic.
It's funny how you think some beta male will just come out of nowhere and make it his life mission to soothe OP's ego and lick her wounds. Pretty pathetic.

No everything I said was completely genuine! I truly believe that there is someone out there for everyone. Even you. Sadly, I feel sorry for whoever that is..
Reply 35
I'm pretty much the same as you OP. Don't listen to people who say 'you don't need to be in a relationship to be happy' it's important to remember that yes that is true, but some people want to be in a relationship and you shouldn't be laughed at and seen as a weak person if that's what you want to do.
Don't feel too bad OP. I'm 22 and never done anything with a girl.
Reply 37
Original post by Darkphilosopher
I really hate it when people label others as desperate.

Just because they want to be in a relationship, it doesn't make them desperate.

Being desperate = asking out every member of the opposite sex that you come across and being overly clingy.

This. Surely its normal for people to want to have a partner? And I find the "dont look for love let it find you" thing rather annoying to, ok fair enough to say to someone whose 19 and out a few nights a week and meeting new people on a regular basis, but someone whose in their mid-late 20s who doesn't have as an active social life would have to make some sort of effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you that is the nicest thing you've ever said to me.come on you know Americans are desperate
Original post by Mr Smurf

It's not hard for ANYONE, insecurities and anxiety aside, there are a lot of willing, horny people out there.
But you've missed her point, it's not just about sex, it's about love/emotional closeness
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest