The Student Room Group

Why do some girls find small penises so funny?

I recently overheard a conversation between some girls at my college in which they were talking about about some guy one of them had just dumped. They were generally mocking and belittling this dude but the specific part that caught my attention was when they started discussing his penis (Yeah, I know :o: :tongue:). The girl who had just dumped this guy was going on about how small it was (about the size of her pinky apparently) and how it looked like a cocktail sausage etc etc.. and the other girls found it absolutely hilarious. I couldn't help but feel sorry for this guy (I'm not particularly well endowed myself tbh) I mean it's not his fault is it? Anyway, I was wondering what it is about small penises that some girls find so amusing? Even putting aside my own inadequacy (and resulting bias) I just don't see what's so funny. :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Because a penis represents a man's "masculinity", and bitching about the size of it is the best way to get at him without punching him in the face.

Ultimately, they sound bitter- and it probably wasn't true anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Because a penis represents a man's "masculinity", and bitching about the size of it is the best way to get at him without punching him in the face.

Ultimately, they sound bitter- and it probably wasn't true anyway.

Thanks for your response, but I still don't really understand.

Even if the girl telling the others about his size was bitter (which tbf she probably was) the others wouldn't have been, but they still seemed to find it genuinely hilarious.

Also, you could say that a woman's breasts represent her femininity, but I've never heard a group of guys laughing their arses off about the size of a girl one of them has dumped, breasts.
Reply 3
Some girls are bitches.

I don't think it's particularly funny either. But meh. It's about the same as laughing at someone's acne or height. Just more 'naughty/emasculating' = more funny I guess? :dontknow:
Original post by Hungry Ghost
Thanks for your response, but I still don't really understand.

Even if the girl telling the others about his size was bitter (which tbf she probably was) the others wouldn't have been, but they still seemed to find it genuinely hilarious.

Also, you could say that a woman's breasts represent her femininity, but I've never heard a group of guys laughing their arses off about the size of a girl one of them has dumped, breasts.

Boobs aren't really the same thing.. girls with small boobs can still have sex to reproduce. Males with an usually small penis may struggle. All relationships are about reproduction subconsciously (and consciously in many cases, haha).
Reply 5
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Boobs aren't really the same thing.. girls with small boobs can still have sex to reproduce. Males with an usually small penis may struggle. All relationships are about reproduction subconsciously (and consciously in many cases, haha).

I guess, but I didn't get the impression that it was so small that he was incapable of sex/reproduction (she was also criticizing other aspects of his 'performance') -so I guess they must have had sex of some description.
Reply 6
It's the top trump card for women and they know that if they use it then it's likely to upset the male. I mean most people with average penis sizes worry about it and unless you are well endowed you are likely to feel inadequate if someone says it to you. Don't think there is anything particularly funny about it though, just a bit mean spirited. Men don't go around laughing about the size of women's vaginas now do they?
Reply 7
I could imagine the same scenario the other way round as well; where a guy tells a bunch of his mates about his ex's bucket and how he almost completely fell inside it once. I don't think the root of this type of remark is actually about performance.
Reply 8
Small penis..more like huge vagina! Was like throwing a sausage down a corridor.

See, men can be just as guilty of sexual-jibery. :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Maybe it was genuinely so small it did nothing for her?

Much more likely is that they know its one of the best ways to hurt him if if was said to his face. I assume they won't say it to him, but they giggle about it because they could, and it would hurt. Just because the girl broke up with the guy doesn't mean that she doesn't think he hurt her in some way and so she wants to repay him, and her friends will think he deserves it if she thinks that.
Reply 10
Original post by Blutooth
Small penis..more like huge vagina! Was like throwing a sausage down a corridor.

See, men can be just as guilty of sexual-jibery. :wink:

See my post :P beat you to it by a minute.
when my first gf first saw my penis she described it as cute. Never has a mans pride been so hurt.
Original post by BabyfacedDom
when my first gf first saw my penis she described it as cute. Never has a mans pride been so hurt.

Good heavens, you poor, poor man
Reply 13
Original post by Swanbow
Men don't go around laughing about the size of women's vaginas now do they?

They kind of do... How many times do you hear jokes about women being 'loose'? All the time!

As for those girls, it was immature of them, but it was probably being said to humiliate the guy for whatever reason.
Original post by kat91s
They kind of do... How many times do you hear jokes about women being 'loose'? All the time!

Got to say I don't think I've ever actually heard guys mention that if they were gossiping/bitching about ex's. Where as the small penis comments, much more common.

Actually despite someone saying breasts don't relate to sexual performance and they haven't heard any guys criticising ex's breasts, I actually have heard that before, i.e. guys saying she was flat chested anyway, as an insult.
Reply 15
Original post by kat91s

I've never actually heard any guys saying that kind of thing tbh.
Original post by Hungry Ghost
I've never actually heard any guys saying that kind of thing tbh.
I have. Comments like "You could be hung like a horse and your dick still wouldn't touch the sides" and "it's like opening a window and having sex with the sky".

They're really not the sorts of males that most women here would associate with though.
Reply 17
Tbh when me and my mates have similar discussions we don't really meanit. They hurt you so you want to hurt them. It's like calling someone fat; everyone knows is a sensitive issue.
I don't think me and any of my friends actually care especially not if we really like someone.

Tbh I think a lot of girls talk about it only because guys go on about it so much. Many well endowed guys do not have a clue so I'd know who is rather have!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llamageddon
I have. Comments like "You could be hung like a horse and your dick still wouldn't touch the sides" and "it's like opening a window and having sex with the sky".

They're really not the sorts of males that most women here would associate with though.

"Stewie: So, is there any tread left on the tires, or at this point is it just like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?"
Original post by kat91s

As for those girls, it was immature of them, but it was probably being said to humiliate the guy for whatever reason.

I've always assumed "loose" meant slut. Foe example, when someone says "most girls nowadays are loose". :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending