The Student Room Group

What is Exeter Uni like? How about Keele?

Currently, my choice for uni is Exeter, with Keele as the insurance (pending on whether I like Exeter when I go to the official open day at the end of this month).

I went to keele yesterday and loved pretty much everything except the distance and awkwardness of travelling there from where I live (Gloucester).
Exeter is much easier to get to and in an area I think I would feel more at home in (e.g. the coast is close, it's close to Bristol), and it's cheaper for me to travel there. I like both courses equally I think.

However, I don't really have an insiders view on either. What are the people like at either university? I like rock, acoustic and alternative music, art, seeing gigs, and hanging out with friends. Would I fit in more at one? I don't mind all that much about heavy nights out as long as there's a decent amount of stuff to do in the day, and places to visit and hang out at.

Anybody got any opinions on Keele or Exeter?
Original post by victoriagrace
Currently, my choice for uni is Exeter, with Keele as the insurance (pending on whether I like Exeter when I go to the official open day at the end of this month).

I went to keele yesterday and loved pretty much everything except the distance and awkwardness of travelling there from where I live (Gloucester).
Exeter is much easier to get to and in an area I think I would feel more at home in (e.g. the coast is close, it's close to Bristol), and it's cheaper for me to travel there. I like both courses equally I think.

However, I don't really have an insiders view on either. What are the people like at either university? I like rock, acoustic and alternative music, art, seeing gigs, and hanging out with friends. Would I fit in more at one? I don't mind all that much about heavy nights out as long as there's a decent amount of stuff to do in the day, and places to visit and hang out at.

Anybody got any opinions on Keele or Exeter?

Hey Victoria,

I'm also considering both Keele and Exeter, (even though its 7 years from your decision for me), and have visited Keele, although not Exeter, and have been wondering about the same sorts of questions.

Which university did you end up choosing, and what's your experience been like, in reflection of the questions you asked originally, as this would really help me decide, I think?

Also, if you'd like to talk about it privately, this would be fine too.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wferguson1

Also, if you'd like to talk about it privately, my Facebook is ZZZ,

I highly recommend editing out your FB & snapchat asap before it gets quoted.
Original post by Wferguson1
Hey Victoria,

I'm also considering both Keele and Exeter, (even though its 7 years from your decision for me), and have visited Keele, although not Exeter, and have been wondering about the same sorts of questions.

Which university did you end up choosing, and what's your experience been like, in reflection of the questions you asked originally, as this would really help me decide, I think?

Its unlikely they'll reply, they haven't been active since 2013.

Go visit both unis, generally id say socially there probably quite similar, but Exeter is further south and nearer the sea.

Exeter is probably more expensive to live in. But Exeter is also more prestigious and has better career prospects.

Quick Reply

Latest