The Student Room Group

Reapplying

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me with an issue I've been having. Last year I applied to go to University, and at the same time applied for Student Finance. I sent the application, and all that was left for me to do was to send my birth certificate and the relevant form as proof of ID, however at this point I realised I was likely to take a year out and as a result I never sent these documents. Since then I've received multiple letters asking for my birth certificate, however I have ignored them as I no longer wanted the loan for the 2012/2013 academic year. However it is now that time of year again, and I am hoping to go to University in September, however I've found that I am not able to apply for student finance for the 2013/2014 academic year as it tells me that my application for the previous year is still being processed. Does anyone know if I am able to cancel my previous application? Thank you!
You should have phoned student finance and told them that you were no longer going to university.

You'll have to log in to your account and go on to the loan for 2012/2013 and see if there is a cancel application button, if not you'll have to call them. You left it a bit late tbh as people can apply for 2013/2014 now, which means that they're going to be super busy with applications. You should phone them ASAP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending