The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
AlphaNumeric
(though the fact I'm male would have been a bigger hurdle :p:

But not as large a hurdle as it once was.
Reply 41
I just have to point out, making you copy out work again will not really help you. You would probably do better on the exam (well, still get 100% :wink: if you did more advanced ideas instead of mindless repetition .

I wrote like that on the actual exam and got a good mark so it does not make as much difference as you might expect (with such a strict marking scheme).
Reply 42
how are they messy?
Reply 43
Baal_k
But not as large a hurdle as it once was.

Now I'm intrigued - are you commenting on the girls at my school here, :p: or is there something about AlphaNumeric that he's not telling us...?! :wink:

I agree that rewriting them probably won't be much actual use to me. (which is actually my school's argument for giving extra work rather than lines. thankfully.)

Interesting idea: does anyone have any sources of really, really nasty C2 questions? (partly because we have a "mock" on Friday and it'll probably take the form of the worst questions our teachers can possibly find. It'd be nice to have some practice at something truly horrible so that I can feel a bit more confident about tackling the more complicated things).

Princess> How are they messy? um... maybe they look better on the computer? :confused: My writing is usually pretty bad, and vast swathes of Tippex probably didn't help, plus it's all a bit squished. I dunno. To be honest, I'm not going to ask that in case I end up with some kind of scary handwriting practise to do... better by far just to nod and apologise and try to write more neatly than to actually seek help because I know I won't like the help they offer... :frown:

love danniella
Reply 44
danniella
How? :eek: How do you manage that one? tell me? please?

You could always try what I did in Physics this year. I did 1 out of the whole year's homeworks, and the teacher was compiling lists of outstanding homework for everyone, so I just got a red pen, and when he went out the room I ticked them off in his planner. Saved me hours of potential work! Though from what you say your school might be quite harsh if you got caught, whereas my teacher would probably have just found it funny. Anyway, at least you'll be better prepared for the exams, I'm not sure I've done any further maths homework this year, and I tried a P6 past paper and completely died, so maybe its not such a bad thing.
Reply 45
Popa Dom
You could always try what I did in Physics this year. I did 1 out of the whole year's homeworks, and the teacher was compiling lists of outstanding homework for everyone, so I just got a red pen, and when he went out the room I ticked them off in his planner. Saved me hours of potential work! Though from what you say your school might be quite harsh if you got caught, whereas my teacher would probably have just found it funny. Anyway, at least you'll be better prepared for the exams, I'm not sure I've done any further maths homework this year, and I tried a P6 past paper and completely died, so maybe its not such a bad thing.
:biggrin:
that's fantastic! conside me v. impressed; you're seriously brave. Or suicidal :smile:
I so would never dare to do anything like that though. For one, the rest of my form would absolutely kill me (or to be honest the two girls I loathe - the feeling's mutual - would have no hesitation in telling my mentor, who would, um, well, there would be Consequences.)
Oops, regarding the P6 past paper. then again I think I would die if I attempted a P6 past paper.... :p:

love danniella
Reply 46
Looking at those answers you put up, they're squished but I think your teacher's comment was funny, I actually laughed out loud when I saw that. '75/75 .... then 'Daniella, this work is completely unacceptable...' - ok it's a bit squished, but its actually not that bad. If my computer didn't suck, I'd scan in some of my work....mines usually spaced out a load, but still quite messy. I think Saturday detentions are just ridiculous though. Admittedly, the amount of work they're making you do means you're basicaly guaranteed to nail AS Maths. You planning on doing Further Maths next year by any chance?
Reply 47
If that work is messy, then I am a pineapple.
Bit hypocritical. I'm finding it easier to read Danniella's writing than to read her teacher's comments. Tell her she should be the one getting the detention..:P
Reply 49
_-Arctic-Monkey-_
I think Saturday detentions are just ridiculous though.

Me too. :frown:
All done now, thankfully. I just hope I don't manage to earn another one next week. :rolleyes:

Admittedly, the amount of work they're making you do means you're basicaly guaranteed to nail AS Maths.

Flip, I wish!
(as long as I keep working, and don't think about it, I'll probably be OK. :redface: )

You planning on doing Further Maths next year by any chance?

Definitely. Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Music (out of school) for AS and A2 all the way. Assuming I don't drop dead from overwork. :p:

love danniella
Reply 50
Why didn't you use A4 paper?
Reply 51
Baal_k
Why didn't you use A4 paper?

Er, is this meant for me? :confused:
If it is, well, I DID use A4 paper. I always do when doing exam papers.

love danniella
Reply 52
Are you SURE the paper you used was of standard A4 size? I have my doubts
Reply 53
Baal_k
Are you SURE the paper you used was of standard A4 size? I have my doubts

Yes.
Oh, maybe this explains it:
I used normal A4 narrow-lined paper. Then when I scanned it in, apparently the image was too large to upload onto TSR. So I reduced it to 80% (I think) using Paint, then re-saved it and uploaded that image instead. Maybe that's why it looks non-standard-A4 paper-size?

love danniella
Reply 54
Nevermind; I made an error in my calculations (like usual :mad: .
Reply 55
Baal_k
Nevermind; I made an error in my calculations (like usual :mad: .

Now that definitely sounds all-too-familiar :frown: (Usually it's me making the mistakes in my calculations).

Actually, I'm intrigued - what on earth were you trying to calculate from my C2 paper? :confused:

love danniella
Size of the paper, I expect.
Reply 57
MrTrig
Size of the paper, I expect.

:p:
I asked for that, didn't I?
:biggrin:
Reply 58
Well the sides of A size papers are in the proportion 1:root 2 so I guess it could be something to do with this :/ ?
Reply 59
Really?
I know that if you cut a sheet of A3 in half along the long side, you get A4 paper. So as all An sizes of paper are similar (n=0,1,...7 is the smallest I think)
then the long side to the short side will always be root2 : 1.

That's cool!

(there is clearly no hope for me. :tongue:)

love danniella

Latest