The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Bsc Social Work degree, Kent University interview 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good luck guys :smile: transferring from another degree to this one, so was a bit different for me.. Mine was all done internally and via email not ucas.. You should hear pretty soon though! Fingers crossed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Beaula10
Hie, how long did you guys wait for, before getting the offers. It's been a week since my interview and the waiting is driving me insane.

Hi Beaula, I just looked at my records, my interview was on the 18th March (as I already told you) and the letter of the offer is dated the 25th March, so you should hear from them pretty soon. Good Luck, I hope you were successful. :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by jayvin1
Hi, I applied two weeks ago so have been told the deadline is this week as to whether i get interview, I may see you all in September if all goes well next week, if i dont get in i wish you all good luck on the course.

Hi jayvin1, good luck I hope you'll get an interview and a place in September. Hope to see you there! :smile:
Reply 23
Hi, the waiting is over I got a place. See you guys in September, thank you so much for your support. Good luck jayvin1 I hope you will get an interview and a place for September.
Reply 24
Original post by Beaula10
Hi, the waiting is over I got a place. See you guys in September, thank you so much for your support. Good luck jayvin1 I hope you will get an interview and a place for September.

Hi Beaula, well done congrats, see you there in September. :smile:
Reply 25
That's great news!! See you there too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Hi guys, just wanted to wish all a great time with your studies, I have changed my course to Social Anthropology with Social Policy as my results were much better than I expected. (100% Credits at Distinction as well as an A* in English and Maths). Wishing you guys all the best. xxx
Reply 27
Original post by StefanieSi
Hi guys, just wanted to wish all a great time with your studies, I have changed my course to Social Anthropology with Social Policy as my results were much better than I expected. (100% Credits at Distinction as well as an A* in English and Maths). Wishing you guys all the best. xxx

Well done on your results :smile: and good luck with your course too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Hi, I turn 19 next Jan.
and i am thinking of going to Kent in 2015.
My friend did a test at London Met and she didn't get though. She stated that only 5 out of 30 actually passed.
Is the test really difficult? And is there any possible way to be prepared for it?
Thank very much.

Hi, the written test was really easy, you'll be given a two paged article of which you have to answer two questions, one is the note down the key points of the article and the other is to identify any risk factors. (that was stage 1)

The personal interview is intense, there are several A4 sheets (I think there were three in all) of paper with questions which are asked systematically, each person interviewing you will ask you in intervals, at mine they swapped at every two questions. The interviewers I had very really nice people so don't worry. (One was a lecturer and the other was a child protection officer)

On my interview day there were 22 applicants, we were assigned into 3 groups and given individual timetables for our group and personal interviews, after the overview of the course between 9.30 to 10 am, the first group stayed in the room to have their group interview whilst another started on the personal interviews. I unfortunately had to wait around for a while.

All in all, just keep your composure, stay calm and you'll be fine. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions let me know. Good Luck:smile:
hi. me again..

I completely forgot my my password and user name :frown:
I should of mentioned I am a service user. I have been since the age of 14. I am currently at college studying: Anthropology, Sociology and Business BTEC. I work in a care home around 18 hours a week and have been doing so since this year August. I have also worked with social services on recruiting foster careers and participating in a training programme for social workers lead by service users.

I am applying to: Kent, Canterbury, Chichester, Bournemouth and Portsmouth.

Any recommendations such as books to read etc in order to prepare if i do get called for interviews. :frown: (SOOO WORRIED)

ALSO i've heard that they prefer mature students. (I turn 19 in Jan) i doubt ill be classified as a mature students. Im quite paniky at the moment.
Also can you please give examples of questions asked.
I can get very nervous
Hiya, did you get through to the next stage? I had my 2nd stage group and personal interview last Monday 18th March 2013 :s-smilie: at Kent University (Medway Campus) Did you? Sitting on hot coal at the moment waiting for a reply. Did anyone else get a response yet? Cheers

Hi ive been invited to kent for the written test. I am so nervous. Please can you recommened my some tips. Also i have been invited to Portsmouth University for an interview. I have had no previous experience in a formal interview. please can you recommend me some tips. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending